|Warranty length||3 Years|
The Glastonbury Tor are focused-line wide range high fidelity loudspeakers, as first seen at the London Hi-Fi Show 2010. They feature full frequency response from bottom to top unlike most speakers which have separate bass, mid then treble drivers. As a result, the sound flows and these are almost supernatural in their ability to sound real. We're into small family car money at this level, but boy are they worth every penny.
Call us to arrange a demonstration on 0800 520 0710.
Features in Full
- 4 bass mid drivers 15Hz-5kHz vertical line foreword facing.
- 6 leaf tweeters 5kHz-20kHz vertical line foreword facing.
- 1 leaf tweeter rear facing ambience.
- 1 Supertweeter 20kHz-90kHz point source foreword facing.
- Bass drivers made in house to achieve the correct Q for bass reflex loading.
- Resonant frequency 27Hz.
- Double flared port pioneered by Townshend Audio in the original legendary Glastonbury II speaker from 1985.
- Time aligned Line array.
- Welded steel shell Herculite lined 20mm.
- Fixings set in Herculite.
- Fully floating on Stella Stand isolates from 2Hz up.
- Weight 85Kg.
- Frequency response 15Hz-90kHz +/- 3dB.
- Power handling 400W.
- EDCT wired.
The external crossover offers a 3 position switch, either 1) Class D amplifier, 2) Class D Bass, Class A triode for tweeters. (Triode amp filtered -3dB 5kHz to rise headroom), or 3) Class A wide range (6 dB per octave filter slope for linear phase).