|Warranty length||2 Years|
- - Compatibility: MM or MC pickups
- - RIAA Equalisation: ± 0.5 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- - Gain: 40 dB (MM), 60 dB (MC)
- - Input: RCA connectors
- - Input Capacity: 0, 100, 220 pF; adaptable (DIL switches)
- - Input Impedance: 47 kΩ; adaptable (metal film resistors)
- - Metal Film Resistors: 3,5 kΩ, 1,5 kΩ, 1 kΩ, 680 Ω, 150 Ω
- - Output: RCA connectors
- - Power supply: 115-230 V / 50-60 Hz depending on type
- - Power Consumption: 6 W (no stand-by)
- - Dimensions: 230 x 50 x 175 mm (W x H x D)
- - Weight: 3.0 kg
- - Finish: Chrome with Black Ash, Red Ash or Maple (solid wood)
The TEP 302 is a pure-bred Class-A phono stage which employs selected, very special low-noise operational amplifiers throughout. The circuitry has been optimized “by ear” after several extended listening sessions. Of course, the TEP 302 also features a 15-Hz subsonic filter in order to protect the woofers from dangerous excursions when a warped record is played. More details, more dynamics.
Thorens turntables can be considered state-of-the-art in hi-fi technology as they would extract even the most minute details from your precious vinyl records. The signals generated by the pickup cartridges are however very small and therefore must be amplified to a much higher level.
However, regrettably, most of today’s amplifiers are no longer equipped with a dedicated phono stage. This unfortunate situation was a good reason for Thorens to develop the TEP 302, a complete phono stage including RIAA equalization, which was to complement the outstanding playback performance of our turntables.