|Warranty length||2 Years|
The TD 309 MkII from Thorens introduces the next chapter of sub-chassis turntable design with a 'tri balance' system that offers excellent isolation, looks stunning and sounds wonderful. This novel sub-chassis system allowed Thorens to design the TD 309 MkII with an optimal weight distribution, achieving perfect balance in both mechanical and aesthetic terms. This MkII version includes improvement to the suspension and bearing, each designed to offer even better performance than before.
Form and function work in harmony to make the TD 309 MkII a turntable that is guaranteed to reveal the magic of analogue replay.
Because the three-point suspension system is housed in the turntable’s feet, the plinth is considerably slimmer than that of conventional sub-chassis decks. It is manufactured from a single piece of MDF, a material that offers excellent acoustic properties and can be machined to very tight tolerances. This enabled us to adopt a no-compromise approach to designing and positioning crucial components such as the tonearm and the motor. The result is a perfectly balanced turntable.
Turntable and tonearm - a perfect match
The TP 92 tonearm (included), which was specially designed for the TD 309, uses an ultra-lowfriction bearing and an innovative magnetic anti-bias system with zero stiction. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using random-mass-reducing technology. The brass counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled, and the tonearm is so designed that its centre of gravity is level with the stylus.
- New innovative Tri-Balance suspended sub chassis turntable
- New suspension system to make setting up easy
- New Team in design and marketing
- Design brief: Performance, Performance, Ease of setting up, Design etc
- Low Noise, Low Voltage electronically speed controlled DC Motor
- Adjustable belt tension for best performance
- Aluminium sub platter with single line contact
- Fused silica platter for consistency and sound quality
- New low resonance TP92 arm with precision Japanese bearings
- Arm adjustable for azimuth and overhang.