|Warranty length||2 Years|
- Operation: manual
- Drive System: belt-drive (flat belt around sub-platter)
- Motor: servo-controlled DC motor
- Speeds: 33-1/3, 45 rpm
- Speed Change: Electronic
- Platter: 12” / 0.9 kg (aluminium/acrylic)
- Tonearm: THORENS TP 90
- Pick-up Cartridge: AT-95 B
- Anti-skating: (Bias) by magnet
- Automatic Shut-off: none
- Power Supply: external plug-in power supply, 12 V DC/AC, 6 W min.
- Dimensions: 475 x 125 x 370 mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 5.6 kg
- Finish: MDF plinth with laquer in red, black or white (high gloss)
- Included: power supply, dust cover (acrylic), RCA interconnects, stylus gauge, spirit level, cartridge alignment protractor
The Thorens TD 206 is an impressive turntable, taking inspiration from the multi award-winning TD 309, built from the highest quality materials and parts and sharing a number of features and technologies ensuring that it is up there with the best in terms of its replay quality. The TD 206 is made in Germany, and features the impressive TP 90 tonearm to deliver impeccable audio to the true vinyl enthusiast.
The TD 206 uses the new TP 90 tonearm, which is based on the venerable TP 92, and employs the same ultra low friction, high-performance ebaring and innovative zerio-stiction anti-bias system. The arm tube of the tonearm itself is made from rolled aluminium which has been damped using RMR technology (reduced-modal-resonance), while the counterweight is doubly decoupled and manufactured from stainless steal. The TP 90 is highly adjustable and customisable to suit your requirements, including tonearm height, azimuth and overhang.
The TD 206 uses a low noise, low-voltage electronically speed controlled DC motor for optimum timing and noise floor, with adjustable belt tension which offers the best performance. A two part aluminium and acrylic platter minimises unwanted resonance and ofers a greater level of detail and resolution that other materials cannot deliver.