|Warranty length||2 Years|
- - Manual Operation
- - Drive System belt-drive (square belt around platter rim)
- - Motor electronically controlled synchronous AC motor
- - Speeds 33-1/3, 45 rpm
- - Speed Select electronically
- - Platter 12” / 3.7 kg (aluminium)
- - TD 2015: 25 mm acrylic plinth, 3.7 kg platter
- - Anti-skating (Bias) by magnet (TP 92)
- - Power Supply PS 800 electronic control unit with country-specified mains adaptor (115-230 V / 50-60 Hz depending on type)
- - Dimensions 420 x 140 x 330 mm (W x H x D)
- - Weight 11.0 kg
- - Finish clear acrylic plinth
- - Includes mains adapter w. power cord, stylus gauge, cotton gloves, operating instructions
Thorens TD 2015 acrylic turntable is stunning - not only from a visual point of view, but thanks to its elaborate control circuitry, an extremely stable acrylic plinth and a heavy aluminium platter, it is made to get the best sound from your vinyl.
The external motor unit was constructed in a way that there is no mechanical contact to the plinth, thus avoiding transfer of vibration. In addition, the entire turntable rests on special feet which effectively dampen all kinds of air-born or footfall vibrations and eventually ensure a continuous, undisturbed run of the platter.
The TP 92 tonearm, which was specially designed for Thorens turntables, uses an ultra-low-friction bearing and an innovative magnetic anti-bias system with zero stiction. The arm tube is made from rolled aluminium that is damped using random-mass-reducing technology. The brass counterweight at the end of the arm tube is double-decoupled, and the tonearm is so designed that its centre of gravity is level with the stylus.