|Warranty length||5 Years|
The Q UP is a high precision device that safely lifts your tonearm at the end of the record, an essential tool for vinyl music lovers to ensure your stylus isn't unnecessarily worn by going around and around at the end of a record. We've all forgotten to take the tonearm off a record at one time or another and more than a few of us at Audio Affair have fallen asleep in the past with a record playing, only to wake up the following morning with a thick amount of vinyl built up on the stylus. Well, no more - use the QUP and keep your stylus safe!
The Q UP can be installed in minutes, without tools, and is designed to fit on most manual turntables. Simply secure it to the turntable using the adhesive base and adjust the trigger and lift force sensitivity (see below) and you're away. The Q UP can be set-up for a variety of tonearm heights, thicknesses and shapes and it interacts only with the tonearm at the end of record and does NOT adversely affect the tonal quality of your turntable in any way.
- The Q UP
- 3 (three) stackable platforms to elevate The Q UP
- Link to installation instructions at http://www.thequp.com/images/instructions.pdf
|The base unit has an adhesive strip on the bottom which holds the lifter in place on your turntable.
The base unit is separate from the lifter and allows it to move horizontally for fine tuning the trigger position and also vertically for different tone arm heights.
|Lift force sensitivity is a slider on the back that allows you to adjust how much force will be needed to lift your specific tonearm off the record.
The higher the slider the gentler the lift.
|The trigger sensitivity adjustor moves the trigger allowing you to select the correct position for firing the lifter.
(Please note that when this adjustor is all the way up The Q UP will not work as this is the OFF position)
|The trigger is the part of The Q up which ultimately comes into contact with the tonearm when the record has reached the end of play.
The tonearm lifter elevates the tonearm when the trigger is fired.
There are three simple issues that need to be met for The Q UP to be compatible:
1) The tonearm must be a pivot type and NOT linear tracking
2) You will need 14 mm of space between tonearm and platter (slightly less if you are using the lifter without base unit)
3) The minimum height between the base where you will set up The Q UP and the bottom of the tonearm when playing a record is 36 mm if you are using a base unit OR 34 mm if your are setting it up without the base unit. Printable compatibility templates and instructions can be found here:http://www.thequp.com/images/set-up%20template.pdf
The following list of turntables is a ROUGH GUIDE. The Q UP should fit at least one OR all of their models. If you are not sure then please refer to the template for verification:
- Linn Sondek
- Clear Audio
- J.A. Michell
- Music Hall