|Warranty length||2 Years|
- - Full analog circuit design
- - Discrete design Class-A Amplifier
- - Dual Monaural design
- - Active DC Servo technology
- - Dual MUSES8920 Op-amps for Left and Right channels
- - 1,400mW + 1,400mW Output Power (at 32 ohms)
- - Damping Factor Selector
- - Over-sized Toroidal-core Power Transformer
- - Full-metal Jacket, Rigid construction
- - A pair of XLR connectors by Neutrik for balanced audio input
- - 2 pair of RCA pin connectors for unbalanced audio input on rear (Gold-plated)
- - 1 stereo audio input on front (1/8” or 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack)
- - 1 stereo headphone out on front (1/4” or 6.35mm Stereo Jack)
- - 1 pair of RCA pin connectors for stereo unbalanced audio output (Gold-plated)
- - Switchable output line level (Fixed, Variable, Off)
- - ±15V high voltage operation current achieved high S/N ratio
- - Precisely machined aluminum knobs (Volume, Input Selector, Damping Factor Selector)
- - Auto-muting when headphone plug is disconnected
- - A 3-polar AC socket with a detachable AC cable
TEAC HA-501 headphone amplifier is an accomplished full-analog, class A, dual mono design with vintage styling cues and adjustable damping factors to match it perfectly to the headphones you're listening with. With full metal casing and a beautifully finished fascia its a pleasure to use, and its A4-sized footprint makes it a perfect choice for your desktop.
With similarly priced rivals including the Graham Slee Ultra Linear Diamond Edition, Lehmann Linear and Burson Audio HA-160DS, competition is stiff. Everything on the HA-501 is designed to maximise the potential from your headphones and to drive them properly in the way the output on most hi-fi systems and computers can't. If you haven't tried your headphones through a proper headphone amplifier or a lesser capable alternative, you'll be surprised by the silky smooth, dynamic sound possible from this TEAC.
In contrast to its similarly priced rivals, the HA-501 includes both XLR and RCA audio inputs, with 1 and 2 sets of each respectively as well as RCA line out so you can use it inbetween your source and hi-fi system if you wish, in addition to a 3.5mm input on the front for connecting your portable music player. For something refreshingly different, the HA-501 is an excellent partner for headphones listening.
If you're looking for headphones as well, we'd recommend partnering it with the Grado RS1i, Grado PS500, Grado GS1000i, Sennheiser HD800, or Audio Technica ATH-W1000X models. Please feel free to call us and speak to one of our product specialists for further advice, or make an appointment to visit us for a demo and listen to a wide range of headphones in our showroom.
- A lavishing Class-A Amplifier for superior sound quality. (Full-analog Dual Monaural Discrete design)
- Active DC Servo Technology to eliminate Offset Electrical Potential, to achieve stable drive
- Switchable Damping Factor, to dive diaphragm under the best conditions. (5 positions)
- Switchable Line output level on the rear “Fixed Level”, “Variable Level (coupled with volume)” and “Off”. (3 positions)
- 1,400mA/ch (32 ohm loaded) of high output power to drive a high impedance headphones as high as 600 ohms
- A Toroidal-Core Power Transformer for stable current supply
- Full-metal jacket. Gorgeous aluminum panels for front top and sides. Small footprint fits your desktop