|Warranty length||5 Years|
|Product Award||What HiFi Award 5 Stars|
Amplifier Power: (Watts RMS) 25 - 200
Power: 100 Watts Peak RMS
Peak Power Handling: 400 Watts
Sensitivity (2.83 Volts @ 1m): 91 dB
Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
Freq Response (-6dB): 34 Hz - 32 kHz
Drive Units: Dual Concentric
HF: 25mm (1”) Linear PEI dome
Torus Ogive WaveGuide Omnimagnet
LF: 200mm (8”) multi-fibre paper
Voice Coil: 44 mm (1.75”) voice coil
Bass Driver: 8” multi-fibre paper pulp cone
Bass Coil: rubber surround 1.75” edge wound
Crossover Frequency: 250 Hz & 1.8 kHz
Type: Passive low loss 2nd, 1st order high pass
Enclosure: Downwards ported
Bass Reflex: Twin cavity coupled reflex
Volume: 48.8 l (1.72 cu. ft.)
Dimensions (HWD): 1080 x 317 x 345mm
Tannoy Revolution XT 8F is a substantial flagship floor-standing loudspeaker offering the scale and dynamics of real live music in a loudspeaker that looks every bit as good as it sounds.
The combination of a 200mm (8”) Dual Concentric driver and a 200mm (8”) auxiliary bass driver is a configuration that has found exceptional success throughout Tannoy’s illustrious history and the Revolution XT 8F builds on these strengths.
The new Omnimagnet Dual further refines bass performance with its linear LF response and exceptional timbre accuracy, while its new HF section with Torus-Ogive waveguide delivers smooth HF extension with outstanding imaging. The Revolution XT 8F crossover uses low loss laminated core inductors and audiophile components throughout and further benefits from high purity oxygen free copper (OFC), silver plated wiring.
The 49.4 litre Revolution XT 8F cabinet houses the largest iteration of Tannoy's new dual-cavity coupled reflex system, featuring separate cavities coupled internally by tuned ports. Bass energy exits from a tuned down-firing port between the angled base of the cabinet and the integrated plinth.
The precisely engineered angle of the ‘waveguide’ formed between cabinet and plinth encourages LF energy to disperse forward into the room, making closer-to-wall placement of the speaker than is typically possible without major detrimental effect on sound quality. The result is tight and articulate bass with exceptional power and extension down to 34Hz. With an overall loudspeaker efficiency of 91dB/watt and 400Watt peak power handling, the Revolution XT 8F is nothing short of breath-taking in its dynamics and realism.
The 200mm Omnimagnet driver is finished with an etched trim ring and driver bolts that contrast the black driver chassis. Magnetic grille mounts are installed below the veneer to ensure a smooth and uncluttered appearance across the front baffle and afford easy fitment of the grille for a more subtle look. The Revolution XT 8F is a worthy flagship of the dramatic new Revolution XT series, combining classic Tannoy values of dynamics and musical articulation with exceptional smoothness and class-leading imaging of the new Omnimagnet Dual Concentric driver.
- 'Tannoy has put a lot of work into this latest generation of drive unit, honing just about every aspect of the design from the motor system to the tweeter waveguide in an attempt to push performance standards higher' (What Hi-Fi Magazine July 2015)
- 'Not only is it deep, it’s delivered with real power and precision. There’s plenty of agility here coupled with a solid punch.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine July 2015)
- 'There’s a fine degree of rhythmic drive and plenty of attack on offer. Vocals are crisply rendered, lacking nothing when it comes to subtlety and precision. There’s a lovely directness to the way these speakers produce sound that just draws the listener into the music.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine July 2015)
- 'Few rivals can match the XT8F’s combination of muscle and subtlety. Most of all they make listening to music fun and that, more than anything else, is the reason why we’re happy to recommend them wholeheartedly.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine July 2015)
- 'If you have the space, these Tannoy floorstanders are an excellent buy. Little else at this price can match their combination of force and finesse.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine July 2015)
28 Jan 2016For many years, I've been looking for speakers that could come close to my old Wharfedale 310 . Having already owned a few Tannoy speakers over the years, I've always liked them.
The XT8F's are the closest I've found to a genuine HI-FI performance ! (within an affordable price range) The level of detail in the bass and the realism of vocals are incredible for the asking price, and those tweeters....wow! The XT8F's are the only speaker I've owned that actually make "pure direct" worth using.
There is a potential downside though.... production quality can be a little hit and miss.. so if you can see the pair before you buy, it may be a wise move... however, given the brilliant service from Audio Affair.. I wouldn't worry too much.
17 Jan 2016Real Hi-Fi speakers at this price, don't come along too often. They just sound authentic and full bodied, and they cope very well with the acoustic issues in the room. Best service from Audio Affair!