|Warranty length||2 Years|
- - Outputs: 1 x RCA, 1 x XLR, 1 x Digital
- - Front Panel Controls: Input Selector, Standby, Next, Play, Load
- - Remote Controls: track access, repeat, store, random, play/pause, stop, load, previous, next, search
- - Display: track, repeat, store, random, play, pause, previous, next, search, track time, CD length
- - Compatible CDs: Standard 12cm, 8cm, CD and CDR
- - Output: 1.95 Volts
- - Frequency Response: +/- 0.5dB 20Hz - 20kHz
- - Signal to Noise: >90dB
- - Emphasis: 15/50us switched automatically
- - Weight: 9 (kg)
- - Dimensions: 110H x 430W x 330D (mm)
Rescuing music from the technology of CD is an art form and the Masterclass PDT-4 CD player is the consummate artist. The Sugden PDT-4 is the ultimate seamless fusion of digital and analogue technology creating ‘simply more music’.
From the retrieval of the Bits from the disc through the decoding, filtering, shaping, DA conversion and analogue output, ultimate care is taken to reconstruct the original performance. There are no spuriae infesting the power supplies and a special suction loop filter is employed to remove hf noise from the analogue signal prior to the analogue output stage.
Separate transformers are used to power the digital and analogue circuitry and there are no fewer than seven regulated and conditioned power rails. These power supplies include two current shunt rails for the discreet component, Class A output stages.
The CD player has facilities for digital out and balanced analogue output as well as asymmetric stereo (phono/RCA) outputs. The compact disc has the potential to satisfy the most sceptical music listener but it needs treating with care to optimise performance - that care is built into the design and accomplishment of the Masterclass CD player PDT-4.