|Warranty length||5 Years|
- - Speaker Type: Symmetrically loaded band-pass units
- - Frequency Response: 52Hz-125Hz +/- 3dB
- - Drive unit: 124mm Stirling/SEAS SB-4424 computer matched
- - Crossover: 2nd order frequency 125Hz
- - Sensitivity: 82dB for 2.83V @ 1 metre
- - Nominal impedance: 8 Ohm
- - Cabinets: 17mm MDF with rubberised 5mm thick damping pads
- - Dimensions (HxWxD): Cabinet: 606 x 188 x 166 / Plinth: 25 x 255 x 235
- - Accessory's (included) 8 x Floor spikes with locknuts & 2 x Link leads
- - Weight (each) 8.2kg
- - Shipping weight (pair) 18.2kg
Stirling Broadcast AB-2 Bass Extenders are designed specifically for all LS3/5a speakers (including the V2) and offer many benefits over the old Rogers AB-1 bass extenders. Available in a selection of finishes to match your LS3/5a speakers. Order these and the LS3/5a speakers at the same time and we can supply as close a veneer matched pair as possible.
These latest AB-2 bass extenders are designed for a broader, less peaky frequency response. Whereas the AB-1 produced a "one-note thud" centred at 70Hz, with the AB-2 you can hear progression through the bass register.
The AB-2 cabinet is taller by 48mm to ensure the inner chambers and longer port would be optimised for the high quality SB-4424 drive units. They also use the latest rubberised damping pads (as used in the V2 LS3/5a speakers), which are far better that the brittle bituminous material used in the old AB1.
In addition, a larger, more stable plinth is fitted with heavy duty threaded inserts and high grade spikes along with high quality gold plated upper & lower connectors (much better than the nickel plated connectors used on the Rogers AB-1). These are also supplied with a far better link lead system (to link the AB-2's to V2's or classic LS3/5a's), featuring gold plated connectors and large contact area.
The AB-2 is balanced to work at it's best with Stirling V2, but it also produces great results when used with any classic LS3/5a's from 1974 - 1997.