Effective Mass: 18.0g
Vertical Track Force: up to 5g
Max Track Error: 0.01 degrees/mm
Null Points Inner Radius: 66.04mm
Null Points Outer Radius: 120.90mm
Audio Lead: 1.2m Balanced Hybrid
Cable: with Gold Plated Connectors
Net Weight: 834.0g
SME Model M2-12R precision tonearm is an extension of SME's popular Series M2 range offering optimum cartridge choice with minimal tracking error and harmonic distortion associated with a 12" arm.
Providing classic looks and meticulous build quality, This arm offers all the most important features, traditional 'J' shaped tone-arm, detachable S2-R aluminium headshell with azimuth adjustment, two stage tungsten counterbalance system, superb quality ball race bearings and a level of rigidity to suit all types of cartridge.
- 12" construction with thin walled stainless steel tonearm
- Greater arm length reduces max tracking error/distortion
- Detach/interchange S2-R Al shell w/o disturbing cartridge/wiring
- Double drawin pin bayonet fitting for rigid junction with tonearm
- Unique headshell/tonearm coupling for cartridge azimuth adjustment
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations
- This makes the tonearm acoustically inert
- Anti-skate control via weight/filament, adjustable up to 5g VTF
- Lower/raise control for smooth positive action. Height adjustable
- Thumbwheel (Vertical tracking angle VTA) height adjustment.
- Base slides on bedplate for horizontal tracking adjustment
- Double null-point protractor/ Tungsten-alloy balance weight inserts
- Maximum centre of gravity shift balances greater range of cartridges up to 38g in S2-R
headshell and direct plug-in heads up to 46g
- Precise vertical tracking force up to 5g applied in 0,5g increments via ride weight
and graduated wayrod.
- Fluid damper FD-M2 is available as an optional extra.