Pivot to Stylus: 233.15mm
Pivot to Centre: 215.35mm
Cartridge Fixing: 12.70mm
Offset Angle: 23.635°
Linear Offset: 93.47mm
Mount: 87.9/56.4mm (Max/Min)
Mounting Depth: 56.75mm
Balance Weight: 73.0mm
Effective Mass: 10/11g
Cartridge Bal Range: 5-16g
Vertical Track: 0-3g (30mN)
Max Track Error: 0.012°/mN
Null: (In/Out) 66.0/120.9mm
Audio Lead: Length 1.2m
Capacitance: 140.0 pF per/ch
Resistance 0.145Ω conductor
Wiring: 15.0 pF per channel
Out Plug/Socket: DIN 5-pole 240°
Weight Net: 700.0g
SME Series IV precision pick-up arm owes much to the technology developed for the acclaimed Series V, a worthy relative of 'the best pick-up arm in the world'.
Although presented at a lower price it retains the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm, dual-lock base and other advanced features listed. Its sonic performance reflects the care and attention to detail underlying its design and manufacture.
- Unique one-piece pressure die-cast tone-arm utilising the advantages of magnesium.
- The magnesium tonearm replaces conventional fabricated construction.
- Internal constrained layer damps tiny residual vibration leaving tonearm acoustically inert.
- Fine machined cartridge platform, enamel free to avoid interface resonance.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground.
- Carried in massive yoke on 10mm ABEC 3 ball races.
- Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Assembly gives high rigidity, allows critical bearings adjustment before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground/thread ground with integral 16mm diameter flange.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed
- This carries two 17mm ABEC 7 ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filarnent.
- Dial corresponds with VTF and haspositive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension.
- Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects gravity centre, non-reflective tonearm termination.
- Adjustment leadscrew journalled in twin ball races with lever clamping.
- Swivelling damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA)
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy
"Offers nine tenths of the SME V's magic at just over half price. Exquisitely built and finished, and a design classic." (Hi-Fi World Magazine -World Standards)