The Series IV precision pick-up arm owes much to the technology developed for the acclaimed Series V, a worthy relative of 'the best pick-up arm in the world'. Although presented at a lower price it retains the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm, dual-lock base and other advanced features listed.
Its sonic performance reflects the care and attention to detail underlying its design and manufacture.
- Unique one-piece pressure die-cast tone-arm utilising the advantages of magnesium, replaces conventional fabricated construction.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibration leaving the tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Fine machined cartridge platform, enamel free to avoid interface resonance.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm ABEC 3 ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm ABEC 7 ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filarnent. Dial corresponds with VTF and haspositive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non-reflective tone-arm termination. Adjustment leadscrew journalled in twin ball races with lever clamping.
- Swivelling damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA)
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy
"Offers nine tenths of the SME V's magic at just over half price. Exquisitely built and finished, and a design classic." (Hi-Fi World Magazine -World Standards)
Write Your Own Review
|Delivery Destination||Delivery Times||Cost|
|UK Mainland||Same Day Dispatch* (1-2 working days)||Free|
|Ireland||Same Day Dispatch* (2-5 working days)||£9.99/£19.99**|
*Applies to In Stock items. Orders placed after 2pm will be dispatched the following working day. Free next day delivery does not include Saturdays. We can arrange Saturday delivery for £10 per box (please call to order).
**Any order under 0.9kg in weight will be charged at £9.99 (ships by Royal Mail), any order 0.9kg or over will be charged at £19.99 (ships by courier).
Our rates are some of the best available. To see shipping charges to your country, simply add the items to your basket, select your country and area or post code and click "Get a Quote".
For orders under 2kg in weight, we use Royal Mail (airmail insured). For orders over 2kg, we use a selection of premium couriers (TNT, UPS or FedEx). Customs charges apply for shipments to EU countries and are your responsibility to pay (read more).
We operate an easy returns process. If you decide you don't want an item, please contact us within 7 days of delivery for a returns number. For more information, please read our return's policy.
|Purchase Price||-||Total Repayable||-|
|Deposit||-||Duration of Agreement (months)||-|
|Amount of Credit||-||Rate of Interest (fixed)||-%|
|- Monthly Payments||-||-% APR Representative|
You can estimate your repayments above. When you are ready to order, simply click the green "Add to Cart" button above, proceed to checkout and enter your delivery details. At the "Payment information" section, select "Finance" and click "Proceed to Checkout". This will take you to the Pay4Later finance application which you can complete online.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
RRP : £339.95£299.95