- 1g per revolution tungsten
- Sub-graduated 0.25/0.025g
- Moving on precision screw
- Uses backlash eliminator
- 1220mm D501 balanced audio lead
- Engineered in best camera quality
- Finished in satin chrome finish
- Fluid damped lift/lower control
- Geometry optimised for Ø300mm (12") LPs
- Low friction, fully shielded races for both axes
- Phono plugs/other contacts heavily gold plated
- Pressure die-cast magnesium headshell
- Headshell with unique design collet
- Sliding base for tracking adjustment
- Thin-walled stainless steel tonearm
- Tonearm features internal damping
- Thumbwheel height adjustment
- Traditional pattern anti-skate
The SME M2 9R tonearm features pivot-stylus dimensions covering virtually all turntable requirements, and is built with SME's meticulous build and sound quality in mind.
The M2 9R features a lightweight stainless steel tonearm, detachable magnesium headshell with azimuth adjustment, tungsten balance weight, superb quality ball race bearings etc and a level of stiffness and rigidity to suit all types of cartridge. All M2 arms are equipped to receive an accessory fluid damper FD-M2.
These precision pick-up arms embody well tried SME principles and aresuited to a broad range of cartridges including those of medium and low compliance. Series M2-9R is the standard arm having a pivot-stylus dimension of 233.2 mm (9.18") and will therefore be the one most frequently used. Typical effective mass 9.5 grams.
The internally damped tonearm of highly polished stainless steel provides sparkling uncoloured reproduction. A unique single element balance system caters for cartridges weighing 5 to 12 grams. After balancing tracking force is applied by forward movement of the weight ensuring the lowest system inertia. The weight moves on a precision screw thread with backlash eliminator allowing exact setting of vertical tracking force.
The M2 shell is pressure die-cast in magnesium for lightness and rigidity. A collet of ingenious design affords ‘one-piece’ rigidity and allows azimuth correction to be made before final tightening. A fluid damper FD-M2 is an optional accessory. The normal slow passage of the arm across the record is unaffected but influences which would tend to produce over-rapid motion are resisted by the flow characteristic of the fluid. It’s use is recommended with very low compliance cartridges or where there is a problem with external vibration such as a springing floor.