The Roksan Caspian M2 CD Player (with FREE Chord Chameleon RCA 0.5m interconnects worth £99.95) benefited immensely from the development of the Platinum CD player and raises the bar in CD performance. The M2 utilises a one piece optimised mother board, de-coupled mechanism and dedicated transformer/power supplies for the analogue filters and the outputs.
With a de-coupled laser mechanism, super precision master clock combined with its 12 independant and fully regulated digital & analogue circuits create a seam less harmonic musical experience that is second to none
The dynamic resolution of the M2 CD player handles the loudest to quietest musical passages with flare and ease making any genre of music a joy to listen to. The resolution of detail is like being within a ‘musical envelope’ bringing an almost analogue feel to the whole experience; a perfect match to the astonishing M2 Integrated amplifier.
- Independent Analogue Output stage Power Supply
- Full functional Roksan LCD system remote control (RMX-108)
- Programme facility
- Repeat function (One/All & A-B)
- Display time; elapsed, remaining on track and remaining on disc
- Random play
- 10 second intro play
|Single Disc or Multi||Single|
|Includes DAC Digital Inputs||No|
|Includes Pre Amp||No|
|Coaxial Digital Output||No|
|Optical Digital Output||No|
|USB Digital Output||No|
|AES/EBU Digital Output||No|
|Product Award||What HiFi Award 5 Stars|
- - Operating System CD digital audio system (CD, CD-R, CD-RW)
- - Frequency Response 20Hz – 20kHz ± 0.2dB
- - Harmonic Distortion < 0.0015% @ 0dB, 1kHz (Typically 0.0005%)
- - Harmonic Distortion < 0.005% @ -30dB, 1kHz
- - Harmonic Distortion < 0.01% @ 0dB, 20kHz
- - Intermodulation Distortion < 0.001% @ 0dB (Typically 0.0005%)
- - S/N Ratio (IHF-A Wtd.) 105 dB
- - Wow & Flutter Quartz precision
- - Channel Separation >100 dB @ 1kHz >100 dB @ 20kHz
- - Output Voltage 1.95Vrms
- - Analogue Outputs L&R, RCA, L&R Balanced XLR
- - Digital Outputs 75 Ohm Coax, RCA, 110 Ohm Balanced AES/EBU XLR, Optical
- - D/A Conversion PCM1798 Advace Segment, Audio-Stereo DAC
- - Resolution/Sampling 24 bits / 192 kHz
- - Oscillation 3rd Overtone Oscillation
- - Crystal Super precision, custom made
- - Mechanical Isolation Main chassis de-coupling feet, custom made
- - Laser mechanism 2 stage de-coupling
- - Jitter <130 psec (Typically <70 psec)
- - Idle Pattern <-105 dB
- - Stop band Rejection <-95 dB
- - Power Supply x2 high performance low noise toroidal transformers
- - Power Source 100V – 120V 50Hz / 60Hz, 220V – 240V 50Hz / 60Hz
- - Power Consumption < 20 W
- - Dimension 432 x 330 x 70 (W x D x H) mm
- - Weight 10Kg
What Hi-Fi Award 2013 - Best CD Player £1500+
What Hi-Fi Award 2012 - Best CD Player £1500+
What Hi-Fi Award 2011 - Best CD Player £1000+
What Hi-Fi Award 2010 - Best CD Player £1000 - £2000
The M2 deviates from total neutrality by producing a slightly smoother and full-bodied balance than we would normally call ideal. Luckily for Roksan, however, the deviation is slight, and gives this player one of the friendliest and most likeable presentations we’ve heard at this price. But what makes it great is that it’ll make the best of any disc you feed it. Take the most compressed and hard-sounding recording you have, and the Roksan will reveal all that’s good about it. (What Hi-Fi Magazine)
Write Your Own Review
|Delivery Destination||Delivery Times||Cost|
|UK Mainland||Same Day Dispatch* (1-2 working days)||Free|
|Ireland||Same Day Dispatch* (2-5 working days)||£9.99/£19.99**|
*Applies to In Stock items. Orders placed after 2pm will be dispatched the following working day. Free next day delivery does not include Saturdays. We can arrange Saturday delivery for £10 per box (please call to order).
**Any order under 0.9kg in weight will be charged at £9.99 (ships by Royal Mail), any order 0.9kg or over will be charged at £19.99 (ships by courier).
Our rates are some of the best available. To see shipping charges to your country, simply add the items to your basket, select your country and area or post code and click "Get a Quote".
For orders under 2kg in weight, we use Royal Mail (airmail insured). For orders over 2kg, we use a selection of premium couriers (TNT, UPS or FedEx). Customs charges apply for shipments to EU countries and are your responsibility to pay (read more).
We operate an easy returns process. If you decide you don't want an item, please contact us within 7 days of delivery for a returns number. For more information, please read our return's policy.
Finance over how many months?
|Purchase Price||-||Total Repayable||-|
|Deposit||-||Duration of Agreement (months)||-|
|Amount of Credit||-||Rate of Interest (fixed)||-%|
|- Monthly Payments||-||-% APR Representative|
How to buy on finance?You can estimate your repayments above. When you are ready to order, simply click the green "Add to Cart" button above, proceed to checkout and enter your delivery details. At the "Payment information" section, select "Finance" and click "Proceed to Checkout". This will take you to the Pay4Later finance application which you can complete online.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
RRP : £349.00£314.00
RRP : £309.95£278.95