|Connectors||RCA to RCA|
|Product Award||What HiFi Award 5 Stars, HiFi Choice 5 Star, HiFi Choice Group Test Winner|
- Silver Plated 99.999% Oxygen Free Copper (SPOFC) conductors with LDPE dielectric
- Asymmetrical twisted pair geometry
- OFC shield giving 100% electromagnetic screening
- Zn/Mn ferrite Jacket
- Gold plated QED ‘Analoc’ RCA plugs
- Capacitance: 76pF/m
- Inductance: 0.37uH/m
- Loop resistance: 0.072 Ω/m
- Dissipation Factor: 0.0059
The QED Reference Audio 40 RCA interconnects are an entirely new design concept. The cable is designed primarily for low capacitance as this has been identified by QED as a significant factor which leads to a high fidelity experience, making for a tight sound and retaining the rhythm of the original piece.
Add QED's Complementary Conductor Technology for high frequency detail and Analoc Technology to maximise signal integrity and the result is what we feel to be the most innovative interconnect ever made by QED
Complimentary Conductor Technology
This innovation utilises two conductors of different diameters to carry the same audio signal. This has the effect of providing an alternative path for high frequency audio components which might otherwise become time smeared in a single audio pathway.
Foamed Polyethylene Dielectric
Foamed Polyethylene has a low dielectric constant and has been used to cut down on the amount of audio signal energy lost due to cable capacitance.
Analoc Locking RCA Plugs
The new QED Analoc plug is a low eddy current design featuring small high purity copper conductors in place of the usual large volume brass body found in ordinary high quality plugs.
This cuts down or eliminates the tendency for the changing magnetic field in the conductor to induce eddy currents which can affect the micro-timing of the audio signal.
'An impressive stereo interconnect that ushers through a high-quality sound' (What Hi-Fi Magazine)
'FOR: Reassuring build quality; Expansive soundstage; Brings great depth and dimension to music' (What Hi-Fi Magazine)
'Bass notes appear to plunge deeper and there’s a meaty, mature tone to music, but not at the expense of control or agility.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine)
- 'Wonderfully easy yet open and engaging sound... A superb cable loom; nothing to criticise at the price.' (Hi-Fi Choice Magazine 2014)
- 'It is very accomplished at almost every facet of the music, and makes things look rather easy... it just seems to gel the bass with the rest of the music - which is something several others have failed to do. It doesn't sound too steely in the midband, giving a nice smooth sound to female vocals, and treble is crisp and finessed. Musically the loom works very well, the beat bouncing along in an enjoyable way. The result is a surprisingly easy listen.' (Hi-Fi Choice Magazine 2014)
- 'It is very even and transparent and doesn't seem to be trying to add or subtract anything much. This means that it's likely to work well with a range of systems.' (Hi-Fi Choice Magazine 2014)
- 'Good bass rhythm and control, nice, cohesive, great sound, head and shoulders better.' (Hi-Fi Choice Magazine 2014)