|Warranty length||2 Years|
Nominal Speeds: 33 / 45 RPM
Motor Completely Decoupled: Yes
Effective Tonearm Length: 9" (230mm)
Effective Tonearm Mass: 8g
Tracking Force: 10 - 35mN
Speed Drift: ± 0.10%
Wow & Flutter: ± 0.10%
Signal to Noise: -75dB
Platter Weight/Diameter: 7.2kg / 300mm
Output Voltage: 15V / 800mA DC
Power Consumption: 13W Max/<0.3W Standby
Dimensions (WHD): 440 x 180 x 325mm
The Pro-Ject RPM 9 Carbon turntable (available on 0% finance with generous trade ins available) is the latest version of this RPM9 model, created after an extensive period of research, development and testing.
RPM 9 features an advanced sandwich construction of plinth with combination of MDF, carbon fibre and steel pellets. The CNC-machined MDF base with resin coated steel pellets forms an extra-heavy and precise sandwich construction while complex heat treatment and carbon fibre surface coating on top of the plinth ensures superior low resonance levels.
This model features an extra heavy mass loaded chassis which is decoupled from its surface using magnetic feet. The polished 7.2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter has TPE damping, a vinyl top and inverted ceramic main bearing delivering absolutely stable speeds along with extra low rumble.
To further enhance the RPM9 Carbon the extra heavy outboard motor also consists of a precise motor control allowing for easy switching between 33 and 45 RPM. All of this partnered with Pro-Ject’s no compromise 9cc Evolution tonearm ensures perfect tracking and pure sound quality even with the most demanding of cartridges.
The RPM 9 Carbon is delivered with a 5P Connect it Phono CC cable with RCA plugs. An XLR option is also available to special order. You can add the flagship Ortofon Quintet Black to this model saving £249 off the cartridge price.
- Advanced sandwich construction of plinth
- Combination of MDF, carbon fibre and steel pellets
- Plinth manufactured with thermo treatment
- Mass loaded subchassis design with magnetic feet
- Inverted main bearing with ceramic ball/plate
- 7.2kg acoustically inert aluminium platter
- TPE damping and vinyl mat on the top
- DC power supply with AC motor
- Precise DC driven AC generator (Speed Box) built-in
- Electronic speed control with 33/45 rpm switching
- Outboard motor construction with massive steel base
- Pre-mounted 9“ tonearm 9cc Evolution