|Frequency Response||20Hz - 30Khz|
|Warranty length||5 Years|
|Product Award||What HiFi Award 5 Stars|
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Recommended Amps: 10 to 200 watts
Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30KHz
Sensitivity: 89 dB linear for 1 watt @1M
Bass Drive: 6.5” carbon fibre cone
LF: Polymer rear coat/ concentric damping
Tweeter: ProAc ribbon 60 x 10 mm
HF Features: Light as a human hair
HF Incl: Rear chamber damping
Crossover: HQ network
Using: Finest dedicated components
Wire: Multistrand OFC cable
Dimensions (HWD): 1041 x 257 x 311mm
Weight: 27 Kgs per cabinet unpacked
Grille: Acoustic transparent crimplene
The ProAc Response D30R is the ribbon tweeter fitted version of the D30 speakers. These speakers utilise a new polymer rear coated carbon fibre coned bass driver mounted in a slim enclosure.
Bass loading is achieved by side vented directional loading similar to that used in the D40, producing an extremely accurate and powerful bass response with good extension and low colouration.
Carbon Fibre Cones
ProAc has recently implemented the use of carbon fibre in the cones of the Response D40 and Carbon Pro 8, and Kevlar in the Tablette Anniversary and K6 models, thereby achieving levels of sound quality that were only dreamed of a few years ago.
The necessary exhaustive research involved in the development of these models and the materials employed, has enabled us to design cones that give excellent frequency response characteristics and the new Response D30 is the latest model to take advantage of the acoustic excellence of carbon fibre.
The crossover network employs dedicated components of the highest quality and multi strand oxygen free copper wiring. The classic ProAc split crossover design offers bi-wiring and bi-amping options. The D30 therefore offers a similar bass loading, cone material, tweeter and crossover network to that of its larger sibling, making it an ideal choice for those who require a smaller floorstander, but still demand sonic excellence.
Once set up using ProAc's supplied spikes, which are designed to penetrate even thick carpet and when partnered with quality electronics, the exceptional performance of the D30 can be fully realised.
Offering clean powerful bass, an uncoloured, open midrange and a sweet, detailed high frequency response, the Stewart Tyler designed D30 offers a wonderfully natural and musical performance with pinpoint imagery that will appeal to audiophiles and music lovers all over the world.
'The Response D30Rs reinforce ProAc’s excellent reputation for producing high-quality speakers. They’re a great buy' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)
- 'FOR: Dynamic, insightful and subtle sound; Excellent midrange; Controlled low-frequency performance; Terrific build and finish' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)
- 'Their cabinets feel solid with crisp (but not sharp) edges giving the impression of proper craftsmanship.' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)
- 'The integration between the drivers – usually a ProAc strength – is spot-on here too. This gives a wonderfully expressive and full-bodied midrange that has no trouble delivering vocals in a convincing and fluid way.' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)
- 'Even on a recording as basic as this it’s apparent that the D30R are unusually transparent. They dig up an awful lot of information and manage to organise in a natural and structured way.' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)
- 'They’re agile too; though never trade in too much weight or authority for that agility, as some rivals can. The D30R are perfectly able to communicate the natural richness in recordings when required.' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)
- 'These ProAcs deliver a beautifully layered soundstage packed with superbly focused images. The presentation extends well beyond the outer edges of the speakers too, if everything is properly optimised. Such ability isn’t common.' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)
- 'These ProAcs are fine speakers. They’re superb all-rounders that work well across all genres of music. Feed them a quality signal, position them with care and we’re sure you’ll be pleased.' (What Hi-Fi? Magazine)