|Warranty length||2 Years|
Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 / 78 r.p.m.
Electronic speed change: 33 / 45 r.p.m.
Mechanic speed change: 78 r.p.m.
Build in Pro-Ject Speed Box SE: Yes
Dust cover: Yes
Record weight: Yes
Supplied Pro-Ject phono cable: Connect it 5P-C
Magnet supported, Sorbothane-damped feet: Yes
Central metal block: Yes
Speed variance: ±0.09%
Wow and flutter: ±0.01%
Signal to noise: -73dB
Platter weight/diameter: 5.7kg/300mm
Power supply type: Mains-fed outboard power supply; 220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles
Output voltage: 16V/1.000mA AC
Power consumption: 2W
Dimensions (lid open): 550 x 550 x 560mm
Dimensions (lid closed): 550 x 250 x 450mm
The Pro-Ject Xtension 12 Evolution represents the combination of modern and classical design, embracing the popularity of retro design while maintaining Pro-Ject's famous mechanical precision, sound quality and high quality products.
Pro-Ject's mix of classical beauty and modern design breathes life into analogue technology and demonstrate that you can listen to music in a better way than any contemporary digital format without it costing the earth.
What sets the Xtension 12 apart?
The Xtension 12 has re-developed the magnetic technology employed in the 6perspeX to isolate the subchassis, adopting magnetic feet which almost entirely decouple the main plinth. Pro-Ject have put plenty of effort into eliminating base resonance - the 25kg total mass being evidence of this. The Xtension 12 is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principles.
In keeping with the principles of adding mass, the Xtension 12 features a metal platter rather than acrylic due to its higher mass. Pro-Ject have avoided the usual pitfalls of metal platters by dampening the inner platter with Sorbothane, a material used to isolate many of the motors on Pro-Ject products. This eliminates unwanted resonances from the platter. Pro-Ject then glue recycled vinyl records to the top of the platter (acting as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it.
The tonearm base of the Xtension is also designed with high-mass technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane. Importantly though, this board is still able to incorporate the adoption of different tonearms. With high-mass principles and isolation wherever possible, the Xtension minimises the effect of resonance and offers superb vinyl playback. In keeping with its 'classic' design, the Xtension includes a beautiful dustcover with adjustable hinges as well as a range of finish options.
Key Turntable Features
- Super-heavy 25 kg mass load magnetic fl oating belt drive design
- Sorbothane damped ultra precise balanced Sandwich platter out of special alloy combined with Vinyl
- Brass record puck
- Ultra low noise motor highest selection
- Magnet supported, inverted main bearing Type Block 1 with ceramic thrust-pad
- Integrated Speed Box SE for super silent motordrive and electronically switchable speed
- Metal-granulate filled plinth for universal damping
- Mass loaded interchangeable armboard
- Height adjustable magnet supported feets for perfect isolation
- Gold-plated RCA phono sockets
12cc Evolution Tonearm
- 12" precision tone-arm with carbon-fibre armtube / headshell
- Generation 2 carbon technology
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections
- Highest selection of components
- Antiresonace heavy mass cardan bearing block
- Inverted bearing design with four hardened ABEC7 spec ballraces
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle)
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell
- Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring
- Silicone damped tone-armlift
- Resonance optimized Sorbothane enhanced counterweight construction
- Improved antiskating and tone-arm lift mechanics