|Warranty length||2 Years|
|Product Award||HiFi World 5 Globes|
cartridge: Pro-Ject Pick-IT
Nominal speeds: 33 / 45 rpm.
Record clamp: Yes
Supplied phono cable: standard
RCA phono sockets: Yes
Sorbothane-damped al cones: Yes
Tonearm: Pro-Ject 9cc
Fibre Armtube: Sapphire thrust-pads
Effective tonearm length: 9"
Effective tonearm mass: 8.5g
Supplied counterweight: 6-10g
Optional extra: 11-15/8-11/5-8g
Downforce range: 10: 30mN
Speed variance: ±0,5 %
Wow and flutter: ±0,08 %
Signal to noise: -70dB
Platter weight/diameter: 2kg/300mm
Power Type: Mains-fed outboard
Power supply: 220/240V, 50 cycles
Output voltage: 16V/500mA AC
Power consumption: 2W
Dimensions (WHD): 460 x 390 x 460mm
Pro-Ject Xperience 2 Basic+ (available on 0% finance when you spend over £500) is a cost effective way to enjoy the award-winning Xperience model turntable in your hi-fi, a sensational design with carbon fibre 9cc tonearm and Pro-Ject Pick-IT phono cartridge.
Finished in a high gloss black, this turntable certainly looks impressive and thankfully sounds just as good. Setting up the turntable is straightforward - perhaps taking no more than 20 minutes from unpacking thanks to the phono cartridge being pre-fitted (double check alignment and cartridge weight before playing a record).
For those of you new to the idea of a Pro-Ject phono cartridge, the Pick IT was designed in conjunction with Ortofon and offers an excellent sound. Supplied without a lid, thankfully the piano black finish doesn't attract dust easily, but you can use a Pro-Ject Cover It should you wish to keep it covered when not in use. For the best possible sound, use the Basic+ on top of a dedicated hi-fi rack or ideally on a dedicated wall shelf.
- Quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives via belt.
- Plinth stands on three height-adjustable Sorbothane-damped aluminium cones.
- Motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
- Resonance optimised platter is a sandwich construction weighing 2Kg.
- Platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate.
- RCA sockets allowing you to use interconnects of your choice (a standard cable is included)
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
- Headshell and armtube fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
- Inverted tonearm bearing with four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
- Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings, open outside ring avoids resonance.
- Design of counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
- Counterweight suitable for 6-10g cartridges (alternatives available separately)
- Counterweight shaft reduces cantilever forces/wow when playing warped records.
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube & vertical tracing angle.
- Single-screw fixed armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of azimuth.
- Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
- Internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from headshell via RCA sockets.