|Warranty length||2 Years|
- - Power Output: 330mW / 30 ohms, 60mW / 300 ohms
- - Headphone Connection: >30 ohms
- - Signal to Noise: 95dB (112dB - A Weighted) At Full Output
- - Frequency Response: 30Hz-20kHz / -0.05dB (10Hz-120kHz /-1dB)
- - THD (IMD): 0.005% / 30 ohms, 0.007% / 300 ohms
- - Gain: 11dB
- - Headphone Jack: 3-Pole ¼" (6.3mm ) Coaxial Jack
- - Outboard PSU: 18V / 500mA AC
- - Power Consumption: 18V / 100mA DC
- - Dimensions: 103 x 36 x 104, 103 x 36 x 109 (Incl. Sockets)
- - Weight: 600g (Without Psu)
Pro-ject Head Box S is the latest version of this stunning little headphone amplifier, designed to give your headphones the drive they need to sound better than when plugged into any standard headphones socket. Available in black or silver.
Use the Head Box S with any music source for stunning headphones listening. Plug in the output from your PC, laptop, Mac, CD player, mp3 player or any other music source (using suitable cable). You can also daisy chain it inbetween your source and amplifier (thanks to RCA input and RCA output sockets), saving the need to keep plugging and unplugging it when you want to listen through your hi-fi speakers instead.
- High quality headphone amplifier with volume control
- Low noise semiconductors
- Metal case shielded (prevents interference)
- Gold plated phono sockets
- Power supply included
- Dimensions (mm): 103W x 38H x 141D
27 Oct 2012Bought this headphone amp to drive my Senhiesser headphones, so far have only needed a quarter to a third of the volume available from it - this substantial solid little box will drive anything. The rest of my system is iMac sending 24/96 high res music files to a Musical Fidelity V-Dac 2, then on to the S headphone amp. I have heard better set-ups at 5 times the price.. .... if your audio budget is hundreds rather than thousands this is very good indeed.
Finally I should mention the firm I got this from, Audio Affair. Good price matching anything I could find on the net, speedy delivery. I will use them again.
17 May 2012Sound is Fantastic with cd players and iPod docks I am using a teac DS H01 Digital dock and chord crimson plus cables and grado sr80 headphones I tested this system with other headphone amps that cost over 400 pounds and the project head box s sound was better. 5 stars.