|Warranty length||2 Years|
Headshell: 0.5" (12.7mm) Standard
Mounting Distance: 212mm
5-7g,7-10g, 9-11g and 10-14g
Downforce Range: 10 - 35mN
Effective Length: 9" (230mm)
Effective Mass: 8g
Pro-Ject 9CC Evolution 9” tonearm is an upgraded version of the standard 9CC and features a double gimbal rather than single gimbal assembly. Smartly designed with a carbon-fibre armtube which directs scrounging vibrations into the mounting board and away from the cartridge.
This allows the needle to precisely track through the record grooves and assists the fine modification of vertical and horizontal tracing. The tonearm is now available in new fitting for Linn turntables with a 5-pin termination.
Both the headshell and armtube on the Pro-Ject 9CC Evolution are constructed from a single piece of carbon-fibre and the straight, pointed armtube reduces toe-in-error and evades standing wave reflections. There is an inverted bearing design with four ABEC7 spec ballraces and solid ring type housing, this outside ring is open to avoid resonance.
Featuring a Sorbothane damped counterweight, the tonearm also effectively counteracts unwanted resonances and the counterweight shaft is lowered to record level reductions cantilever forces and a dynamic wow output when playing distorted records. The solid armbase enables the accurate height adjustment of the armtube and vertical tracking angle.
There is a single screw fixing of armtube which allows the Pro-Ject 9CC Evolution to rotate for simple adjustment of the needle azimuth even with the fixed headshell. The silicone damped armlift can be adjusted to suit arm-height. The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell through to the gold-plated phono sockets. The tone arm is available with 5-pole standard socket, flying lead or terminal with phono sockets and earth screws.
- The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections
- inverted bearing design with four ABEC7 spec ballraces
- Solid ring arm bearing housing. Massive outside ring is open to avoid resonance
- Sorbothane damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances
- Counterweight shaft lowered to reduce cantilever forces/wow on warped records
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA
- Armtube single screw-fixing allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth
- Straight armtube reduces toe-in error
- Silicone damped armlift can be adjusted to suit arm height
- Internal wiring consists of flexible HPC from headshell to gold plated phono sockets
- Available with 5-pole socket, flying lead or terminal w/phono ports and earth screws