|Warranty length||5 Years|
|Brand||Phillips 3D TVs|
- Ambilight Version: 3 sided XL
- Ambilight Features: Wall colour adaptive, Lounge light mode
- Display: LED Full HD
- Diagonal screen size (metric): 140 cm
- Diagonal screen size (inch): 55 inch
- Panel resolution: 1920 x 1080p
- 3D: 3D Max, 2 Player Full Screen Gaming, 3D Depth adjustment, 2D to 3D conversion
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 450 cd/m²
- Dynamic screen contrast: 500,000:1
- Picture enhancement: Perfect Pixel HD Engine, Micro Dimming, 1400 Hz Perfect Motion Rate, Local contrast, - Perfect 3D Natural Motion, Super Resolution
- Interactive TV: HbbTV
- SmartTV apps: Catch-up TV, Netflix, Online apps, Online Video shops, Open Internet browser, YouTube
- Social TV: Facebook, Skype, Twitter
- TV programme guide: 8-day Electronic Programme Guide
- User interaction: SimplyShare, MultiRoom Client and Server*, Smart text remote control, Pointer remote control, Wi-Fi Miracast Certified*
- Programme: Pause TV, USB Recording*
- Ease of Installation: Auto detect Philips devices, Device connection wizard, Network installation wizard, Settings assistant wizard
- Ease of Use: One-stop Home button, On-screen User manual
- Firmware upgradeable: Firmware auto upgrade wizard, Firmware upgradeable via USB, Online firmware upgrade
- Screen Format Adjustments: Autofill, Autozoom, Movie expand 16:9, Super Zoom, Unscaled, Widescreen
- Signal strength indication: Yes
- Teletext: 1200-page Hypertext
- My Remote App: Control, Simply Share, TV Guide, Wi-Fi Smart Screen
- Processor type: Dual-Core
- Output power (RMS): 30 W (2 x 15 W)
- Sound Features: 3D wOOx, HD Stereo
- Sound Enhancement: Auto Volume Leveller, Clear Sound, Incredible Surround, Pure Bass
- Number of HDMI connections: 4
- Number of components in (YPbPr): 1
- Number of scarts (RGB/CVBS): 1
- Number of USBs: 3
- Wireless connections: Integrated Wi-Fi 11n, Wi-Fi Miracast Certified
- Other connections: Antenna IEC75, Common Interface Plus (CI+), Ethernet-LAN RJ-45, Digital audio out (optical), Audio L/R in, Headphone out, Service connector
- HDMI features: 3D, Audio Return Channel
- EasyLink (HDMI-CEC): Remote control pass-through, System audio control, System standby, Plug and play add to Homescreen, Auto subtitle shift (Philips), Pixel Plus link (Philips), One touch play
- Video Playback Formats: Containers: AVI, MKV, H264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1
- Music Playback Formats: AAC, MP3, WMA (v2 up to v9.2)
- Picture Playback Formats: JPEG
Supported Display Resolution
- Computer inputs: up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
- Video inputs: 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 Hz, up to 1920 x 1080p
- Digital TV: Astra HD+ support, Freeview HD*, DVB-T/T2/C/S/S2
- MPEG Support: MPEG2, MPEG4
- Video Playback: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Mains power: AC 220 - 240 V 50/60 Hz
- Ambient temperature: 5°C to 35°C
- Energy Label Class: A+
- EU Energy Label power: 90 W
- Annual energy consumption: 125 kW·h
- Standby power consumption: < 0.1 W
- Power Saving Features: Auto switch-off timer, Eco mode, Light sensor, Picture mute (for radio)
- Off mode power consumption: < 0.1 W
- Box depth: 398 mm
- Box height: 1428 mm
- Box width: 1377 mm
- Set Depth: 41.4 mm
- Set Height: 1191 mm
- Set Width: 1241 mm
- Product weight: 42 kg
- Weight incl. Packaging: 56.9 kg
- VESA wall mount compatible: 400 x 400 mm
- Lean back angle: 0° to 10°
The Philips DesignLine Series 55" Ultra-Slim Smart LED 3D TV (55PDL8908S/12) features a revolutionary floating glass design which defies description and is truly breathtaking. With a razor-thin glass base/stand, the DesignLine range are more than just TVs, and will inspire your interior. All that is needed to mount your TV is a DesignLine Smart Mount. The internal cable sleeve streamlines your TV cables into one clean bundle so the stunning aesthetics of this screen are not compromised.
This screen is not just a gorgeous piece of design, it features Philips' Perfect Pixel HD technology and Perfect Motion Rate (PMR), as well as the Ambilight technology featured throughout all Philips' high-end displays.
Perfect Pixel HD — Award-winning Image Quality Engine
Designed in order to offer the advanced flicker-free images with unrivalled sharpness and clarity. Each pixel composing the picture is enhanced to better match the surrounding pixels. The resulting image is a unique combination of sharpness, natural detail, vivid colours, superior contrast and a smooth natural motion.
1400 Hz Perfect Motion Rate (PMR) for Superb Motion Sharpness
Philips have created PMR - a standard for measuring moving image sharpness in order to provide a picture movement which is precise, smooth and natural. Perect Motion Rate technology is the combined result of a unique video processing, number of frames per second and refresh rate of each frame, perefection in dimming capabilities, and backlighting technology. Higher PMR numbers will contribute to higher contrast and improved motion clarity - meaning a superior image for you.
Ambilight 3-sided XL Intensifies Your Viewing Experience
Philips's patented Ambilight innovation makes your screen seem much wider, and your viewing experience more immersive, by projecting an extra wide glow from three sides of the screen onto the surrounding wall. Colour automatically adjusts in order to mirror the TV picture. Thanks to a wall-adaptive function, the colour of the light is aligned perfectly with the picture from your TV. This experience is fully customisable using various settings to suit your preferences.
Integrated Wi-Fi to Connect Easily to the World Online
Connecting to your home network is made effortlessly quick and simple, thans to integrated Wi-Fi, enabling you to access a world of content or share wirelessly in your home.
Smart TV— A World of Online Entertainment
Philips Smart TV technology enables you to explore what lies beyond traditional TV. Smart TV lets you rent and stream a wide range of films, videos, games and more directly onto your TV from online video stores. Watch and enjoy catch-up TV from your favourite channels or enjoy the wide range of online apps. Not forgetting web browsing capability! The Philips Smart TV is now the center of your multimedia universe!
Keyboard Remote Control with Pointer — More Control than Ever
Philips' innovative and intuitive remote control features all the usual perks such as cursor keys, shortcut buttons and volume control, and also offers easy navigation by simply clicking and holding the OK key. The pointer then operates as a mouse which allows you to point, click and scroll easily on-screen.
The most unique featuer is the intelligent remote's gyroscopic sensors, which means it knows up from down so you can text without worrying about changing channels.
MyRemote App - Control your TV with your Phone or Tablet
The Philips MyRemote App enables you to control your TV remotely and record on the go without a remote control. Your smartphone or tablet is transformed into a universal remote offering all the options of your original remote as well as extra features such as text entry. The SimplyShare function will beam content directly onto your TV. You can push digital broadcast TV onto your devices using the Wi-Fi smart screen. Record your favourite programmes on the go using MyRemote recording. Simply flip through the TV Programme Guide to choose which shows to record and view later.
Wi-Fi Miracast — Mirror your Devices on your TV
Watch what you want, where you want, when you want. Mirror the content on your devices and view it on the big screen. Share photos from your smartphone, laptop screen and more. Connections are easy to set up and the technology works across multiple devices.