|Warranty length||2 Years|
|Product Award||HiFi World 4 Globes|
- Output Voltage (at 1kHz, 5cm/sec):5mV
- Channel Balance at 1kHz: 1dB
- Channel Separation at 1kHz: 26dB
- Channel Separation at 15kHz: 1-5dB
- Frequency Range (at -3dB): 20 Hz - 31 kHz
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 20kHz: +2 / -0dB
- Tracking Ability at 315Hz: Typically 80μm
- Compliance, Dynamic, Lateral: 22μm / mN
- Stylus Type: Nude Shibata
- Stylus Tip Radius r / R: 6 / 50μm
- Tracking Force Range: 1.4 - 1.7g (14 - 17mN)
- Recommended Tracking Force: 1.5g (15mN)
- Tracking Angle: 20º
- Internal Impedance / DC Resistance: 1.2kΩ
- Internal Inductance: 630mH
- Recommended Load Resistance: 47kΩ
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 150 - 300pF
- Cartridge Colour Body / Stylus: Black / Black
- Weight: 23g
The Ortofon 2M Black Plug and Play cartridge is an innovative solution for customers who want direct and easy mounting and cartridge replacement with their tonearm.
The Ortofon 2M Black cartridge is the flagship moving magnet cartridge from Ortofon, utilising a Shibata diamond stylus, that also used on the acclaimed MC Jubilee. Adopting a slim, highly polished profile, this stylus type offers an exceedingly wide contact area to the walls of the record groove which delivers a notably detailed reproduction of the whole audio spectrum.
The 2M Black allows for impeccable sound quality, and reduces record and stylus wear as well as reduced distortion and phase error due to the diamond's improved tracking geometry.
The 2M Black's cartridge body is manufactured from a newly-developed Noryl plastic and glass combination, a material which ensures high rigidity, while at the same time eliminating unwanted resonances.