- - Insulation: Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- - Construction: Precision Micro Mono-Filament
- - Conductors: 3x 16 AWG
- - Material: 60 Micron Silver-plated 99.99999% solid-core OFC
- - Capacitance: 10pF/ft
- - DC Resistance: 4.0 Ohms per 1000ft/304M
- - Power Rating: 15 Amp - Cable rating (dependent on termination)
- - Propagation Delay: 85% Speed of light
- - Termination: UK Furutech Mains Plug to IEC (15 or 20A) or Figure 8
The Nordost Heimdall 2 Mains Cable is the second generation of the superb Heimdall, designed to exceed the outstanding performance precedents set by its predecessor. The new, second generation Norse Series power cords deliver a level of performance not previously possible at their price points. Fitted with a high quality Furutech UK plug.
Nordost’s proprietary Micro Mono-Filament construction creates a virtual air dielectric complete with an elegantly engineered suspension system. Combined with silver-plated OFC solid-core conductors and FEP insulation throughout, the result is the ideal electrical and mechanically controlled construction for ultra-fast, low-impedance current and voltage transfer.
The complex topology of the MMF conductors is especially effective in dissipating mechanical energy present on the AC line, which otherwise enters your delicate electronics, while the low-storage characteristics of the air space construction also minimizes low-level charging effects that slug and blur dynamic response.
Consistency of design and materials across the entire Norse Series means that you can easily create a clearly prioritized, no compromise system-wide cable solution, from wall socket to loudspeaker terminals, with each link in the chain specifically optimized for purpose, finally unleashing your equipments’ full performance potential.
- Micro Mono-Filament construction
- 3 x 16 AWG silver-plated 99.99999 OFC copper solid-core conductors
- 15 Amp capacity
- 10pF/ft capacitance
- 4.0 Ohms per 1000ft/340m as terminated
- Terminated with high quality US (Nema), Schuko, Aus or UK 13A plugs and Fig-8, 15A or 20A IEC. Other connectors available to special order.
- Manufactured and hand-built in the USA