- - Insulation: Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene (FEP)
- - Construction: Precision Micro Mono-Filament
- - Conductors: 22 x 22 AWG
- - Material: 60 Micron Silver-plated 99.99999% OFC solid core
- - Capacitance: 10.3pF/ft
- - Inductance: 0.135uH/ft
- - Propagation Delay: 95% speed of light
- - Termination: Spade or banana
Nordost Frey 2 Speaker Cable is the latest generation of the phenomenal Frey series, designed to execed its predecessor, delivering a level of performance not previously possible at this price point.
Nordost’s proprietary Micro Mono-Filament construction creates a virtual air dielectric complete with an elegantly engineered suspension system. Combined with silver-plated OFC solid-core conductors and extruded, flat ribbon FEP insulation, the result is the ideal electrical and mechanically controlled construction for ultra-fast, low-loss signal transfer between amplifier and loudspeakers.
Combining natural dynamics with real world weight and scale, the results are spectacular without being hyped or exaggerated, allowing performances and recordings, as well as the electronics reproducing them, to deliver every last ounce of music that’s on the disc. With advanced mechanical tuning to aid the exceptional electrical performance of the MMF construction, Frey 2’s only competition comes from further up the Nordost range.
- Micro Mono-Filament construction
- 22 x 22 AWG silver-plated 99.99999 OFC copper solid core conductors
- Extremely precise, mechanically stable extruded ribbon construction
- High Performance FEP Internal Insulation reduces dielectric absorption and increases signal speed
- Terminated with high quality gold plated Nordost Z plugs or spade connectors.
- Manufactured and hand-built in the USA
- HiFi World 5 Globes
- Single Wire
A complex aural layering, during playback, provides a sonic feast for the ears. Be aware, though, that excitable upper mids can be produced if you mix and match cable brands and don’t pay attention to other distortion issues. A self-assured set of cables that allows the music to flow easily, giving each instrument and vocalist time and space to perform at the best of their abilities. (WHAT HI-FI Magazine)