|Warranty length||2 years standard (5 years on registration)|
UPnP: Transcoding, proxying UPnP Server DLNA device compatible
Digital Outputs (type): S/PDIF, 75Ω BNC and TOSLINK
Infra Red: RC5 (handset optional)
RS232: 1 x 9 way D type
TV Outputs: 1 x S-Video, 1 x composite, 1 x 15 way D VGA
Ethernet: 1 x rear panel RJ45
Other: 1 x PS2 keyboard, 1 x PS2 mouse
USB: 4 x rear panel
CD Formats: Red Book
Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
Audio Formats Supported: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, Windows Media-formatted content files, MP3
Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz native
Bit Depths: 16bit, 24bit, 32bit fixed, 32bit float
TV Monitor: 4:3 and 16:9 customisable TV interface USB touch screen compatible
Web Interface: PC and Mac internet browser compatible Adobe Flash user interface
Handheld: User interface app for iPhone and iPod Touch devices
AMX and Creston: Installer-customisable reference apps available
Front Panel Logo: Touch-sensitive eject and shutdown mode function
STREAMING AND RIPPING
USB: Scan and play from FAT and NTFS formatted memory sticks
Network Shares: Scan and play from music stored on a network share
Network Storage: Rip to external network storage for expanded music storage
CD Metadata: AllMusic.com online, FreeDB online and local database
StreamNet: 6 user streams to NaimNet and NetStreams systems
Mains Supply: 102-240VAC, 50 or 60Hz
Dimensions: 87 x 207 x 314mm (H x W x D)
Front: Black powder coated
Case: Black powder coated
Naim UnitiServe-SSD is a compact, slot-loading, CD ripping, hard disk music player and server based on the technology of the multi-award-winning Naim HDX.
It takes the fundamentals of the HDX; a massive internal hard disk drive, Naim bit-perfect ripping, Ethernet connection, UPnPTM server, StreamNet technology and local digital outputs, and combines them with a set of features perfectly suited to music in the home of today, and tomorrow. Unlike the UnitiServe, the UnitiServe-SSD has no internal hard-disk storage and is intended for use in network systems where ripped data is stored exclusively on NAS drives.
High-End CD Player
Our unrivalled expertise in digital audio; expertise that had its beginnings in the Naim CDS, the first genuine high-end audio CD player, is at the heart of the UnitiServe-SSD. It extracts the data from CDs using unique, in-house developed techniques and algorithms to ensure that the ripped data represents a faultless replica of the CD. The data is then stored on external Network Attached Storage (NAS) with potential for space that can easily out pace your music collection. UnitiServe-SSD also stores the metadata (artwork, track titles, artists, performers, composers) for all ripped CDs, regardless of their storage location, automatically downloaded from allmusic.com. The Naim Extended Music Database format means that music can be found easily by searching for any stored parameter. You'll never lose track of a CD again.
But there's far more to UnitiServe-SSD performance than bit-perfect CD ripping and storage. Its external power supply is designed to minimise mains injected noise and it incorporates a decoupled hard-disk assembly that both minimises noise and any possibility of disturbance from external vibration. Digital signal management within the UnitiServe-SSD is based on techniques developed for the Naim HDX and the digital outputs on the CD5 XS and CDX2 CD players. UnitiServe-SSD is a true Naim product that deploys highly innovative and advanced technology simply to serve the music.
For Music Lovers
An audio system can grow around UnitiServe-SSD. It can replay ripped CDs into a digital input-equipped amplifier, such as the SUPERNAIT or a digital to analogue converter like Naim's DAC, for example, with all the engaging Naim musical insight, musical performance and clarity you would expect. In addition the UnitiServe-SSD can operate as a UPnPTM server to stream audio to any UPnPTM playback device over a home network, such as NaimUniti or UnitiQute, to create a simple and fantastic sounding multi-room system.
For those wanting to put sound quality at the centre of whole-home control, UnitiServe-SSD is StreamNet-enabled and can also function as the heart of a sophisticated IP-based NaimNet multi-room system. However you choose to use UnitiServe-SSD, it can be controlled by an iPhone or iPod touch device running the dedicated Naim n-Serve app, a touch screen, or a computer anywhere on the home network either via a web browser or the Naim Desktop Client application.
UnitiServe-SSD is not just limited to CD format audio or its internal storage. It can also play back audio from a USB memory stick and will scan the network for music stored on NAS drives or network shares in WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, WMA and MP3 formats at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution. Welcome to the future: UnitiServe-SSD brings very high performance hard disk player and music server technology into the realms of affordable high end audio. It is one of the most versatile and liberating products ever to have worn the Naim logo.
We are here to help find the right system for you. As a suggested starting point, you may want to consider partnering the UnitiServe-SSD with the following:
- NAC 152 XS
- NAC 155 XS
- NaimUniti 2
- Slot-loading drive for ease of use
- 16GB Single Level Cell (SLC)
- Enterprise Drive
- Naim bit-for-bit secure CD ripping to external network attached storage (NAS) drive
- Naim Extended Music Database - supports extended metadata to track-level resolution for intuitive browsing & selection
- Naim Network Scanning - will discover all playable music & metadata available on networked computers (PC & Mac)
- Naim UPnPTM server to serve audio to any UPnPTM rendering playback device, such as the NaimUniti or UnitiQute
- Multiple intuitive control interfaces: TV / Web / Desktop Client / Handheld device (iPhone, iPod Touch) and front-panel logo
- Front-panel logo touch-sensitive eject and shutdown function
- Naim Desktop Client - for browsing music files, player setup and maintenance with a PC
- Native 24bit/192kHz playback and internal architecture with support for hi-resolution audio formats. Plays WAV up to 24bit/192kHz, MP3 both vbr and fbr, FLAC up to 24bit/192kHz, AAC (m4a only), AIFF, ALAC, OGG Vorbis and Windows Media-formatted content files.
- WAV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA and Apple Lossless files played from any USB-connected storage device
- Add a digital to analogue converter, such as Naim's DAC, or digital input-equipped amplifier, such as Naim's SUPERNAIT, for local playback
- StreamNet-enabled for NaimNet audiophile multi-room replay of up to six streams over a network
- USB ports for easy connection of USB sticks for playback
- Ethernet network connectivity for reliability
- S/PDIF Digital output on 75Ohm BNC or TOSLINK
- Composite, S-Video or VGA display output for screen or touchscreen.
- Extremely Low Jitter
- Quiet in operation
- Very low noise power supplies
- Compact non-magnetic, low resonance, low microphony, low eddy current case
- British Design and Build