|Warranty length||2 years standard (5 years on registration)|
UPnP: Transcoding, proxying UPnP Server DLNA device compatible
Digital Outputs (type): S/PDIF, 75Ω BNC and TOSLINK
Infra Red: RC5 (handset optional)
RS232: 1 x 9 way D type
TV Outputs: 1 x S-Video, 1 x composite, 1 x 15 way D VGA
Ethernet: 1 x rear panel RJ45
Other: 1 x PS2 keyboard, 1 x PS2 mouse
USB: 4 x rear panel
CD Formats: Red Book
Disc Compatibility: CD, CD-R, CD-RW
Audio Formats Supported: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, Windows Media-formatted content files, MP3
Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz and 192kHz native
Bit Depths: 16bit, 24bit, 32bit fixed, 32bit float
TV Monitor: 4:3 and 16:9 customisable TV interface USB touch screen compatible
Web Interface: PC and Mac internet browser compatible Adobe Flash user interface
AMX Creston: Installer-customisable reference apps available
Handheld: User interface app for iPhone and iPod Touch devices
Front Panel Logo: Touch-sensitive eject and shutdown mode function
STREAMING AND RIPPING
USB: Scan and play from FAT and NTFS formatted memory sticks
Network Shares: Scan and play from music stored on a network share
Network Storage: Rip to external network storage for expanded music storage
CD Metadata: AllMusic.com online, FreeDB online and local database
StreamNet: 6 user streams to NaimNet and NetStreams systems
Mains Supply: 102-240VAC, 50 or 60Hz
Dimensions: 87 x 207 x 314mm (H x W x D)
Front: Black powder coated
Case: Black powder coated
The Naim UnitiServe (available on 0% finance) is a compact, slot-loading, CD ripping, hard disk music player and server based on the multi-award-winning Naim HDX.
It takes the fundamentals of the HDX; a massive internal hard disk drive, Naim bit-perfect ripping, Ethernet connection, UPnPTM server, StreamNet technology and local digital outputs, and combines them with a set of features perfectly suited to music in the home of today, and tomorrow.
Decades of expertise is at the heart of the UnitiServe. It extracts data from CDs using unique, in-house developed techniques and algorithms to ensure that ripped data represents a faultless replica of the CD. The data is stored on a 2TB hard disk with space for up to 2400 CDs, or on an external Network Attached Storage (NAS) with potential for space that can easily outpace your music collection. UnitiServe stores artwork, track titles, artists, performers, composers for all ripped CDs, regardless of their storage location, automatically downloaded. The Naim Extended Music Database format means music can be found easily by searching for any stored parameter. You'll never lose track of a CD again.
There’s far more to UnitiServe than bit-perfect CD ripping and storage. Its external power supply minimises mains noise and incorporates a decoupled hard-disk assembly that minimises noise and any possibility of disturbance from external vibration. Digital signal management within the UnitiServe is based on techniques developed for the Naim HDX and the digital outputs on the CD5 XS and CDX2 CD players.
For All Music Lovers
A system can grow around UnitiServe. It can replay ripped CDs into a digital input-equipped amplifier, such as the SUPERNAIT or a digital to analogue converter like Naim's DAC, with all the engaging Naim musical insight, musical performance and clarity you would expect. Tthe UnitiServe can operate as a UPnPTM server to stream to any UPnPTM playback device over a network, such as NaimUniti or UnitiQute, to create a simple multi-room system. For those wanting sound quality at the centre of whole-home control, UnitiServe is StreamNet-enabled and can function as the heart of a sophisticated IP-based NaimNet* multi-room system. UnitiServe can be controlled by an iPhone or iPod touch device running a dedicated Naim app, a touch screen, or a computer anywhere on the home network either a web browser or the Naim Desktop Client.
UnitiServe is not limited to CD or internal storage. It can play from USB and will scan the network for music stored on NAS drives or network shares in WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, WMA and MP3 formats at up to 24bit/192kHz resolution. A variant of the UnitiServe - the UnitiServe-SSD is also available. The UnitiServe-SSD has no internal hard-disk storage and is intended for use in network systems where ripped data is stored exclusively on NAS drives. The UnitiServe lets you automatically create duplicates of your ripped music and save them to an allocated storage device. This makes backing up your music simple and pain-free.
We are here to help find the right system for you. As a suggested starting point, you may want to consider partnering the UnitiServe with the following:
- NAC 152 XS
- NAC 155 XS
- NaimUniti 2
With UnitiServe, every CD you own can be stored, catalogued and ready to play at the press of a key, the click of a mouse or the touch of an iPhone.
- Slot-loading drive for ease of use
- UnitiServe - 2TB Hard Drive
- Naim bit-for-bit secure CD ripping to internal storage or external network attached storage (NAS) drive
- Save downloads or pre-ripped music to the hard drive for access to entire music library
- Naim Extended Music Database - supports extended metadata to track-level resolution for browsing & selection
- Naim Network Scanning - will discover all playable music & metadata available on networked computers (PC & Mac)
- Naim UPnPTM server to serve audio to any UPnPTM rendering playback device
- Multiple intuitive control interfaces: TV / Web / Desktop Client / Handheld device (iPhone, iPod Touch) and front-panel logo
- Front-panel logo touch-sensitive eject and shutdown function
- Naim Desktop Client - for browsing music files, player setup and maintenance with a PC
- Native 24bit/192kHz playback and internal architecture with support for hi-resolution audio formats.
- WAV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA and Apple Lossless files played from any USB storage device
- Add a DAC, or digital input-equipped amplifier, such as Naim's SUPERNAIT, for local playback
- StreamNet-enabled for NaimNet audiophile multi-room replay of up to six streams over a network
- USB ports for easy connection of USB sticks for playback
- Ethernet network connectivity for reliability
- S/PDIF Digital output on 75Ohm BNC or TOSLINK
- Composite, S-Video or VGA display output for screen or touchscreen.
- Extremely Low Jitter
- Quiet operation
- Naim designed silent resilient 2TB Hard Drive mount
- Very low noise power supplies
- Compact non-magnetic, low resonance, low microphony, low eddy current case
- British Design and Build