|Warranty length||2 Years|
|Product Award||What HiFi Award 5 Stars|
Analogue Inputs 1 x RCA pair, 1 x front panel 3.5mm jack (combined optical)
Antenna Inputs Wi-Fi, F type, (plus PAL adapter)
Overload Margin 20dB
Input Sensitivity 270mV at 47kΩ
Digital Inputs 5 x S/PDIF (2 x optical TOSLINK, 2 x coaxial RCA, 1 x front panel mini-TOSLINK)
USB Inputs 1 x front panel Type A socket (also used for iPod)
Other Inputs Ethernet and iPod (digital via USB socket)
UPnP Wired Ethernet (RJ45) or Wi-Fi
Signal-To-Noise Ratio (S/N Ratio) 80dB
Power Outputs 30W per channel into 8Ω, 45W per channel into 4Ω
Digital Outputs (type) BNC 75Ω (plus RCA adapter)
Other Outputs Headphone
Remote Control Infra Red (RC5)
Audio Formats Supported Internet radio (Windows Media-formatted content, MP3 Streams, MMS), Playlists (M3U, PLS), MP3, AAC (up to 320kBit/s, CBR/VBR), Windows Media-formatted content-9 (up to 320kBit/s), FLAC and WAV (up to 32bit/192kHz via UPnP and USB only), OGG Vorbis
DAB Tuning Range Band III and L Band
FM Tuning Range 87.5 - 108MHz
Internet Radio Provider vTuner 5* full service
Internet Radio Formats Windows Media-formatted content, MP3, ACC, Ogg Vorbis streams and MMS
Master streams native quality WAV, FLAC and AIFF (up to 24bit/48kHz), ALAC (up to 16bit/44.1kHz), AAC and MP4 (up to 16bit/48kHz) files only
Client plays 320kbps MP3 quality only
USER CONTROL INTERFACES
Front Panel Logo touch-sensitive mute and volume control function
Handheld Remote handset included and optional n-Stream app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch available from the App Store
Mains Supply 100V, 115V, 230V; 50 or 60Hz
Power Consumption 25VA (quiescent), 200VA (max.)
Dimensions 87 x 207 x 314mm (H x W x D)
Shipping Dimensions 210 x 280 x 410mm (H x W x D)
Shipping Weight 7kg
The Naim UnitiQute 2 is the replacement to the award-winning UnitiQute. It is an all-in-one audio player: a brilliant-sounding, uniquely versatile, seductively compact and, of course, irresistibly cute example of what contemporary music in the home is all about. Music downloads, high-resolution music files, internet radio, network music, UPnP servers, iPod/MP3 players - everything that the new era of music delivery can throw at it, UnitiQute 2 can play.
Revitalised for 2013, UnitiQute 2 improves upon the performance of its five-star-rated predecessor with enhanced sound quality and Multiroom functionality. High-resolution 32bit/192kHz streaming capability and a DAB/DAB+ tuner now also come as standard.
Just like NaimUniti 2, its multi-award-winning sibling, UnitiQute 2 is right at the forefront of modern music delivery technology, and its significance for music enthusiasts of all aspirations is far greater than the simple sum of its component parts. For the committed enthusiast with an existing Naim setup, UnitiQute 2 can not only deliver exceptional Naim music-making as a second system, but also play the role of gateway to all the new digital music delivery formats - from USB memory sticks, UPnP streaming to internet radio. For the more casual listener, UnitiQute 2 can take the place of both the old hi-fi system and the iPod dock, sound far better than either, and at the same time introduce new worlds of audio ripe for exploration.
For starters, UnitiQute 2 includes a preamplifier with two analogue inputs, five 32bit/192kHz-capable digital inputs and all the traditional Naim musical clarity and transparency. Next, UnitiQute 2 includes a muscular power amplifier that provides all the rhythmic punch and definition you would expect from Naim. You want conventional radio? Well, UnitiQute 2 includes FM and DAB/DAB+ tuners that get the best possible performance from either format. UnitiQute 2 is happy also to play music from an iPod or MP3 player via its front panel-mounted USB socket. The USB audio connection is digital so iPod sound quality is optimised. It is Apple authenticated too so compatibility is seamless. The same USB socket can be used to play music files in almost any format at up to 32bit/192kHz resolution straight from a memory stick
It doesn't end there! A network Ethernet socket and integrated Wi-Fi means that, along with everything else, UnitiQute 2 can easily tap into Internet radio or UPnP servers, a Naim HDX for example, to drop almost unlimited music choices right into your lap. Talk about cute.
Bringing everything audio, digital and analogue together is one thing, but making it all work seamlessly together is something else entirely. UnitiQute 2 is controlled by a dedicated remote handset in combination with a large, clear display. The UnitiQute 2 user interface borrows the principles of intuition and accessibility, and much of the substance, from the already proven NaimUniti 2 interface. The interface is clear, intuitive, uncluttered and makes light work of access to the remarkable versatility and performance of UnitiQute 2. And the n-Stream app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch will enhance the experience still further and raise its brilliance yet another notch.
As well as being a high-end standalone streaming system, UnitiQute 2 opens up the possibility of multiroom hi-fi. Connected to other Naim streaming products over the home network, it can act as the ‘Master’ or ‘Client’ streaming product in a multiroom system which will get the party started and play music in Naim quality in every corner of your home.
Why chose the UnitiQute 2?
We'll tell you soon!
Naim Service Charter
As a passionate Naim Audio retailer, we keep a range of Naim equipment in stock and on permanent demonstration in our high end "Faithful Audio" showroom - please view our Faithful Audio website for a full list of equipment on demo and photos of what you can expect on your visit.
Call us to book a demonstration or send a request online and take your time in a relaxed, comfortable and welcoming environment with refreshments and free parking available. We encourage you to bring your own music and even your own equipment for comparison if desired.
In addition to showroom demonstrations, we offer:
- 0% Finance (available on orders over £1000)
- Home demonstrations and home trials
- Optional home installation service
- Generous part exchanges on older Naim or other brand equipment
- UPnP-enabled for playback of network-stored audio / internet broadcasts from PC, Mac or NAS drives
- Multi-format radio (FM, DAB/DAB+, Internet)
- Front-panel USB for iPod/MP3 player and USB memory stick playback
- Apple authenticated enabling digital output from iPod/iPhone for ultimate quality
- iPod/iPhone control, charging and front-panel content display when connected to front-panel USB port via standard Apple connector
- Full Naim Multiroom functionality including Party Mode
- 3.5mm front panel input that supports both analogue and digital sources
- Two analogue inputs (3.5mm front-panel socket and RCA)
- Onboard DAC with five 32bit / 192kHz capable S/PDIF inputs for external digital sources
- Preamplifier and 45W per channel into 4Ohm, 30W per channel into 8Ohm power amplifier
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi network connectivity
- Plays WAV, FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), MP3, Windows Media-formatted content and AAC from any suitable UPnP device
- Switchable bass contour control for low-volume listening
- Bass management system for use with subwoofer-satellite loudspeaker systems Digital output on 75Ohm BNC connector (RCA adapter supplied)
- Front-panel display with intuitive interface, remote-controlled
- Front-panel 3.5mm headphone output Front panel logo touch-sensitive mute function
- vTuner 5* full service internet radio service
- Linear Power supply with 200VA toroidal transformer with three separate windings
- Separate power supplies for digital, analogue, and power amplifier Ground selector switch for optimum performance
- High quality Burr Brown DAC
- Naim compact, non-resonant, non-magnetic case
- OLED display for high contrast
"Best music system £800-£1500, Awards 2013. An authentic hi-fi streamer, and a pretty compelling way to spend £1150. There’s greater detail and definition than before to low-frequency information, greater dynamic headroom, greater (though every bit as controlled) attack and a less restrained overall sonic signature. These tiny powerhouses, teamed with the Naim UnitiQute 2, make up a tiny system of unlikely power and authority and the Naim was never audibly out of its depth. So it’s a case of: meet the new boss, just enough of an improvement over the old boss to make you think long and hard about an upgrade." (What Hi-Fi Magazine Awards October 2013)
What Hi-Fi Award 2013 - Best Music System £800-£1500