|Warranty length||5 Years|
|Product Award||What HiFi Award 4 Stars|
• Dimensions (H) 80 mm x (W) 381 mm x (D) 360 mm
(H) 3.1 inches x (W) 15 inches x (D) 14.2 inches
• Weight 4.2 kg 9.2 lb
• Supported file types WAV, FLAC, MP3, AIFF
• Audio sample rates 7.35 k, 8 k, 11.025 k, 12 k, 14.7 k, 16 k, 22.05 k, 24 k, 29.4 k, 32 k, 44.1 k, 48 k, 88.2 k, 96 k, 176.4 k, 192 k
• Word depths 16 - 24 bits
• Analogue audio outputs Stereo RCA phono sockets
• Ethernet interface 100Base-T RJ45
• Control protocol Compatible with UPnP™ media servers, UPnP™ AV 1.0 control points
• Local control
Front panel 6 button interface
RS232 x 2
Luminous remote control handset
128 x 32 front panel display
• Power supply
Switching power supply with auto-ranging
(AC 100 – 120 V @ 50 – 60 Hz)
(AC 220 – 240 V @ 50 – 60 Hz)
• Power consumption 15 W
The Linn Majik DSM is an all-in-one player that will transform the way you listen to and experience music. Linn's notion of 'source first' hi-fi is implemented perfectly in this player: the best source produces the best sound. Browse your entire music collection at the touch of a button: the files stored on your computer, your internet play lists, live music streaming and internet radio at the highest possible quality. Just hook the Majik DSM up to your loudspeakers and control it from anywhere in the home.
Majik DSM is derived from Linn's flagship Klimax DS player. It plays the highest resolution studio quality audio, comparable to stereo SACD! It supports the most popular file formats and can easily evolve with software updates as new features and formats emerge.
And don't forget, it is connected to the internet by a standard Ethernet, so a world of music is available to you and can be controlled by any device: your smart phone, tablet, laptop or PC. Stream play lists from music streaming sites, enjoy internet radio (including 'listen again' features) and catch the latest podcast, Anything is possible!
The Majik DSM features a built in pre-amp and power amp, so it's ready to go when you are. A true hi-fi system in a single box - just add speakers in contrast to the Majik, DS which is a streamer to add to your existing amplifier,
Newly Revised Features
This newly revised Majik DSM features an Exakt output (that will allow you to connect to any Exakt Linn speakers like the Akudorik or Akubarik). It also features a updated audio board for even better performance.
So... why the Linn Majik DS Network Streamer?
- Plays digital music over a standard Ethernet network
- Streams internet radio, podcasts and 'listen again' broadcasts
- Decodes FLAC, WAV, Apple Lossless (ALAC), MP3, WMA, AIFF, AAC and OGG audio formats with up to 24-bit 192 kHz native sample rate
- Built in power amp and pre-amp.
- Plays computer audio via Linn Songcast app e.g. iTunes, YouTube, Spotify, BBC iPlayer
- Songcast support allows synchronised playback of audio around the home
- Unbalanced (RCA) outputs
- Linn Dynamik Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS)
- Compatible with UPnP™ media servers and UPnP™ AV 1.0 control points
'The Linn Majik DSM is a well-conceived product. Linn has obviously thought long and hard about what a premium all-in-one system should do, and the result is a good one.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine)
- 'A hugely capable, forward-looking system that serves-up a large slice of hi-fi performance to those that would never usually consider going down the separates route.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine)
- 'When it comes to features, ease-of-use and, yes, performance, the Majik DSM still gives Naim’s Uniti 2 plenty to think about.' (What Hi-Fi Magazine)
- Useful range of features
- Fine music streamer
- Good phono stage
- Plenty of sonic
- Insight and organisation
(What Hi-Fi Magazine)