|Warranty length||1 Year|
- Circuits: hand wired point-point, no PCB
- Output: Class A, all Triode front end
- Switchable: Ultralinear or Triode
- Valve: EL34, 6AS7 or 2A3 (20/33/16W)
- Standby switch: Prevents cathode stripping
- Automatic HT delay: Prevents cathode stripping
- Signal to noise level: -90db
- Freq response: >20hz-20kHz (+0-0.5dB)
- THD: typically less than 0.1%, 1khz
- Suitable for: 4 to 16ohm loudspeakers
- Transformer: Japanese steel EI, low O2 copper
- Quality 2W metal film + wire-wound resistors
- Polypropylene capacitors, silver TEFLON cable
- Custom hand-wound output transformers
- Ceramic valve holders for minimum leakage
- Centre tapped heater circuit for minimum hum
- Gold plated Input & speaker terminals
- Three line inputs, tape monitor circuit
- 350mv input sensitivity.
- Dimensions (WDH): 350 x 350 x 250mm
- Weight: 23kg, includes valve cover
Icon Audio Stereo 40 MkIII is available with three different valve compliments to suit your personal taste - either EL34 offering 20W per channel and excellent value, purer 6AS7 valves for a warmer, punchy 33W per channel, or the option of 2A3 valves for the sweetest possible sound with 16W per channel.
Rich Textured Sound
16W per channel is more than enough to drive high sensitivity speakers, so the choice is yours. This amplifier uses a circuit inspired by 1950’s Leak amplifiers, but features this new choice of valves that have a reputation for a richer more textured sound, high reliability, and a very long life.
Gloss Black Finish
Finished in high gloss black, a stark contrast to the white finish of the MkII, this new casing looks stunning. Free from any wood panelling of so many other valve amps on the market, the MkIII looks as high end as it sounds.
Its traditional design, excellent valves, audiophile components, custom transformers, massive choke power supply and stunning build quality add up to a stunning combination.
"Excellent starter tube integrated, with plenty of detail and an expansive musical sound." (HI-Fi World World Standards)