|Power Per Channel (8ohms)||30W|
|Warranty length||1 Year|
|Product Award||HiFi World 5 Globes|
- 6L6/EL34/6CA7/KT66/KT88/6550 output valves
- ECC83/12AX7 double triode for first stage
- ECC81/12AT7 double triodes phase-splitter
- Class A, all Triode front end with ultralinear output circuit
- Hand wired point to point components, no PCB to 'colour' sound.
- Ceramic valve bases for low noise
- 30w RMS per channel Ultralinear
- Suitable for 4 to 8ohm loudspeakers (nominal)
- Signal to noise level -90db
- Freq response 20-20khz +0 - 0.5db 1W
- Bandwidth 10Hz (0db) -55kHz (-3db) (12.5W)
- Bandwidth 18Hz – 55kHz -3db (25w)
- Total Harmonic Distortion typically less 0.2% 1kHz
- Custom hand wound transformers using Japanese long grain steel
- Audiophile 2W resistors and high quality polypropylene caps
- Silver TEFLON audio cable, minimal feedback used
- Valves carefully matched for best performance
- Gold plated Input & speaker terminals, valve cover included
- 3 line Inputs for CD, Tuner, Phono etc
- Gain= 70 (8ohms)
- 250 mv sensitivity for full output
- 230/240volts, 100w (180w max)
- ‘Soft start’ device incorporated
- 1.6 amp rear fuse (with spare in fuse holder)
- Dimensions: 320W, 310D, 215H (overall) 15k-g
The Icon Audio Stereo 25 MkII integrated valve amplifier is an entry level version of the award winning Stereo 40 at almost half the price, featuring 30W per channel. The Stereo 25 features all the performance you would expect from Icon Audio, including wide bandwidth, smooth dynamics and the ability to deliver very musical performance. The Stereo 25 simply does away with some of the more expensive features of the Stereo 40, without compromising the basic design.
Why buy this valve amplifier?
The Stereo 25 MkII uses a circuit inspired by the H J Leak 1950’s amplifiers, a combination of traditional design, excellent valves, audiophile components, custom transformers, power supply with beautiful looks all adds up to a stunning combination. The simplified bias circuit means that providing you use replacement valves of the same type, no bias checking is required. However, unlike older British amplifiers, very little heat is generated under the chassis to degrade other components and waste power.
In addition, this valve amplifier is exceptional value for money, offering stunning Icon Audio sound and build quality at a much lower price than you'd expect!
How does it sound?
The Stereo 25 MkII is a superb introduction to the romantic, warm sound of valves. The characteristics of a simple pure valve amplifier bring out the warmth and colour of music. You get a smooth and detailed sound stage which works well to bring out the colour and texture of older recordings and whilst not overemphasizing the harshness of many modern digital recordings. This makes for a very easy to live with amplifier that still has plenty of power to control modern speakers.