|Power Per Channel (8ohms)||16W|
|Warranty length||1 Year|
|Product Award||HiFi World 5 Globes|
- 100% Pure Class A output power
- Class A, all Triode front end
- Valve rectifier, GZ34/5AR4
- Output power Triode (16W). Ultralinear (27W)
- Oversized choke regulated power supply
- 1x KT120 output valve (KT88/90 compatible)
- 1x 6SN7 (CV181) double triode driving valve
- All hand wired point to point
- Signal to noise level -86db
- Freq resp 20 – 20kHz +0 –0.8db 45kHz -3db(8w)
- THD typically less than 0.5% 1khz (8w)
- 4 & 8 ohm loudspeaker taps
- Low feedback design (0 on high gain)
- Solen/SCR audio capacitors (Jensen upg)
- Silver plated copper PTFE audio cable
- Tertiary winding output transformers
- Big custom wound PSU Choke
- Gold plated Input & speaker terminals
- 330mv (high) & 925mv (low) input sensitivity.
- 220/240volts 85w approx (each)
- C E, ROHS
- Size in mm W160, D380, H210, 12kg ea
- Packed 44cm x 25cm x 32cm 13kg 2 boxes
The Icon Audio MB30SE is a versatile high quality yet very simple mono block amplifier designed to power full range and medium sensitivity speakers.
Using only 2 audio valves it has excellent bandwidth with the best qualities of 'Single Ended' build without the disadvantages of flabby bass, hum and low power that many designs suffer. Single Ended is a term used to describe where only one output valve is used and so has to “push and pull” on its own. Although limiting the power available, the lack of “phase splitter” stage required by “push pull” amps means that the mid-range and upper frequencies require less processing which results in the sound gaining a smoothness and charm not found in other designs.
The new KT120 was chosen for its all round qualities and good power, it is also considerably cheaper than vintage triodes like the 300B which will only deliver 9W SE. The heart of a good Single Ended amplifier is the output transformer. Our specially developed Low Distortion Tertiary transformers allow the KT120 to really “sing” without constriction giving wide bandwidth and dynamics with excellent detail.
The MB30 is optimised for Triode and UL operation. 16 Watts being ample for most situations. Especially with our new “Full Range M” speakers and other designs such as Lowther and Fostex being ideal. But recognising that there are many speakers that require more power. The MB30 works very well in “Ultralinear” mode allowing the full potential of the KT120 to work its magic.
Designed to be used either an active or passive pre amplifier, or direct from a single source.
The “easy bias” meters ensure that that amplifier is giving its best performance and also gives an indication of output power used. Very useful when you may need to know if you are likely approach the maximum available power.