|Warranty length||1 Year|
- Unique 8” Full range drive unit
- Rare earth high frequency dome
- Custom paper cone/optimum bandwidth
- Long throw coil/roll surround
- 97db approx output, 1 watt @1 meter
- Tested with low power valve amplifiers
- Suitable for amps 6-90 watts, @ 8 ohms
- Audio grade MDF cabinet
- Real wood veneer finish
- wire: high purity, low impedance copper
- Size W29, D28, H104cm
- Weight 21kg ea
Icon Audio FRM 2 Speakers combine a wide range efficient drive unit with both new and old technologies to acheive excellent sonic properties.
Best Acoustic Sound
The special 8” drive unit was matched up to 3 cabinets that get the best overall acoustic sound and then further “tweaked” to get the desired response by using a special attenuator, rather than a “crossover”. This means no power is wasted or dumped as heat resistors, maintaining the high efficiency.
Like other electrostatic and co-axial speakers, the FRm range are a little directional and have a more tightly defined listening area.
Why Full Range?
Icon Audio have been making complete loudspeakers, cabinets and drive units since 2002. From the experience gained during this time and the success of their valve amplifiers, Icon Audio have deduced that the best spatial image and sound stage comes from full range or a simple design of speaker, without a complex crossover.
- Very musical sound with seamless transition between bass, mid-range and treble.
- Sound stage and spaciousness like no other speaker
- No harshness or metallic quality to cause listening fatigue
- A speaker that has bass as deep as any other design for the size.
- Efficient to work with low powered Single Ended or Push Pull design amps (from 6w)
- Very easy load for an amplifier to drive
- Small footprint for the sound/bass output
- Sound can be easily tailored to suit you installation