|Warranty length||2 Years|
|Product Award||HiFi Choice Recommended|
Analogue Outputs: 1 x Stereo XLR, 1 x RCA
Digital Outputs: 1 x SPDIF
Inputs: USB-B, 3 x SPDIF, 3 x optical, AES/EBU
D/A Converter: Crystal DSD DAC CS4398
Output impedance: RCA 100Ohm; XLR 110Ohm
Power Consumption Standby: 0.5W
Power Consumption Operation: 60W
Colour options: Black or Titanium
Dimensions: 430 x 370 x 95 mm
The Primare DAC 30 is a fully balanced high performance 24bit /192kHz stereo DAC designed to render the best possible audio quality from computer-based high resolution music files.
Equipped with a wide array of inputs including asynchronous USB-B, stereo balanced AES EBU and three pairs of S/PDIF coaxial and TOSLINK connectors, the DAC30 uses the processing engine of the celebrated Primare BD32 universal player to convert and convey very low distortion analogue signals to a high quality music system via a pair of balanced XLR and single-ended RCA outputs. There is also a S/PDIF digital output.
The PSU is entirely linear, and comprises an excellent R-core transformer with separate windings for analogue and digital power supply circuits, which are placed on different PCBs located on opposite sides of the player.
The DAC30 is housed in an alloy heavy gauge steel chassis, which provides strength, rigidity, and screening, while being effective at damping vibrations from external sources. According to Primare’s design principles, power to different parts of the DAC30 is custom-regulated for low noise and optimum performance.
For reliable 24/192 operation, Primare has chosen XMOS because it offers an integrated communication hub hosting the MCU. XMOS and Primare’s developers in Sweden, have collaborated to optimise XMOS firmware for better performance from Primare’s XMOS application.
- Crystal CS 4398 24/192 Stereo DAC
- Advanced multi-bit Delta-Sigma architecture (BD32)
- SRC 4392 high performance asynchronous SRC
- Sample rate converter with digital interface receiver
- Fully balanced analogue output stage (BD32)
- OPA 2134 High Performing Audio Operational Amplifiers.
- 3 Analogue power supplies
- 4 Digital power supplies
- 1 Standby power supply
- 4 layer print to the best possible signal to noise.
- An audiophile relay controlled MUTE circuit
- Fully Linear PLS (R-Core)
- Signal to Noise 120dB
- Outputs: 1 pair XLR and 1 pair RCA (both 4,3V)
- Inputs: 1x asynchronous USB-B, 1x AES/EBU, 3x Optical, 3x Coax S/PDIF
- XMOS 24/192 USB 2.0 and MCU (MCU only in this design).
- Input selection, DIM, ON/OF
"Adrenaline-fueled rock music and large scale orchestral works gained muscularity and dynamic potency - with better resolution of fine detail as well." (Hi-Fi News Magazine February 2013)
"This is a great sounding D-to-A converter that can be strongly recommended to audiophiles looking for a straightforward-in-use DAC for a high resolution computer audio setup... Its tremendous sound quality will prove highly rewarding in top-flight systems." (Hi-Fi News Magazine February 2013)