|Warranty length||2 years standard (5 years on registration)|
- Conductors: 2 x 10 AWG multi-strand silver-plated oxygen free copper.
- Configuration: Individually shielded twisted pair configuration.
- Conductor Insulation: PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene).
- Shielding: Dual layer, high density, high frequency effective braid and overlapped foil.
- Jacket: Translucent PVC used to minimise mechanically induced noise.
- Diameter: 2 x 9mm.
- Colour: Red/black or all black.
- Terminations: Chord 24 karat gold-plated banana plugs, direct gold-plated copper spade connectors and BFA Camcon connectors. Because of the complexity of construction, Signature Reference speaker cable is only available in factory-terminated lengths. Shortest available length is 1.5 metres.
The Chord Signature Reference Speaker Cable builds on the immense successes and popularity of the original Signature cable, managing to produce even more detail and resolution. Using technologies developed for Chord's signature Sarum range, improvements and developments have been made to make this one of the best sounding speaker cables available.
The Signature Reference is designed to be incredibly neutral, transparent and capable of creating improvements and revealing layers of detail in any system.
Signature Reference - Rebuilt From the Ground Up
Chord have made significant improvements to the shielding, the spacing between conductors and shielding and all the materials used have been changed. The Signature Reference utilises silver-plated conductors, adding detail and resolution, combined with PTFE insulation. The new shielding is also higher density.
The changes and improvements have had staggering effects. The original Signature cable already offered stunning detail levels and ability to carry dynamic information, but the Signature Reference takes these characteristics to another level, bridging the gap between Signature and the reference Sarum range.
Signature Reference is built in the same way as the original Signature. Each set is made to order and the two conductors are held in place with a precision machined aluminium clamp and twisted along their length to improve flexibility (Signature Reference is markedly more flexible than the original Signature). The aluminium clamp is designed to hold the cable securely but avoid any compression on the cable itself. Like Signature, Signature Reference is available in red and black and also in all black as well. We loved the look of the original Signature but we think that Signature Reference looks wonderful in all black.