The Audiomods Micrometer tonearm is the finest tonearm Jeff Spall makes and includes all the features of the standard tonearm, with the addition of on-the-fly VTA adjustment, an incredibly useful feature to get the best sound from your vinyl set-up. This tonearm with "micrometer vta adjustment" has proven very popular and are in great demand despite the fact the standard arms have a more basic built-in vta adjustment.
Upgrades over "Standard" model
Added to all of the features of the excellent "Standard" Audiomods tonearm, this model includes a calibrated and repeatable VTA adjustment, which allows you to experiment or vary the vertical tracking angle and still return exactly to the original setting.
Although capable of resolution to 0.01mm, the micrometer head is extremely strong and rigid and provides a very stable platform for the arm. Because the micrometer adds over 100g to the arm weight it may not be suitable for lightweight suspended decks.
High end performance
Nothing at this price comes close to the performance of these arms, it's design and engineering is closer to that of a swiss watch than an audio product. This is one of the finest tonearms available and very little comes close for its sonic abilities or beautiful build quality. An excellent choice for any turntable (contact us if you need to check this will fit your model).
Hand made to order
Each arm is individually hand-built to order. The arms are wired with a 7-strand pure silver litz wire with silver-plated Michell cartridge tags. Choose between a 0.9m cable terminated with RCA plugs or standard 5-pin tonearm connector (a better choice if you need a longer cable and can select a longer tonearm cable for the connection to your phono stage or amplifier).
This is the latest MkIII (series III) version of this tonearm. The upgrades over the original versions, include:
- Tonearm now based on Rega-supplied arm tube castings
- Core parts now CNC machined and individually hand finished.
- Arm plates CNC laser cut for accuracy.
- Redesigned micrometer base for a neater look. Now sits better on turntables like Michell Orbe.
- Wiring loom extended to 0.9m using a single run of pure silver Litz cable, with looms built to order by Michell Engineering.
- Arms will be supplied with a setup kit for a wide range of cartridges: copper headshell shims for effective mass tuning and two counterweights.
- Hinged wooden storage box with serial number and build details.
- Arm yoke machined from solid with split bearing journals and ceramic hybrid bearings.
- Adjustable horizontal bearing carrier with ceramic hybrid bearings, decoupled from base.
- Solid, pressed-in vertical bearing carrier dampens arm tube.
- Drilled and cross-braced arm tube controls arm resonance.
- Constrained layer damping counterweight to absorb energy.
- Secondary fine adjustment weight for accurate setup.
- Aluminium outer base isolates bearings from plinth.
- Micrometer on-the-fly vta adjustment.
- Adjustable quadrant antiskate.