|Warranty length||2 Years|
- Type: Moving coil (MC)
- Frequency response: 15 to 50,000 Hz
- Output voltage: 0.4mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec.)
- Channel separation: 30 dB (1 kHz)
- Channel balance: 0.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Tracking force: 1.8 to 2.2 g (standard: 2.0 g)
- Coil impedance: 12O(1kHz)
- DC resistance: 12 O
- Recommended load impedance: Min. 100 O (when head amplifier is connected)
- Coil inductance: 25µH (1 kHz)
- Static compliance: 35 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic compliance: 18 x 10 - 6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Stylus: Line contact stylus (curvature radius: 40 x 7µm)
- Cantilever: 0.26 mm diameter solid boron
- Vertical tracking angle: 23 degrees
- Dimensions: 17.3(H) x 16.8(W) x 25.7(L) mm
- Weight: 8.0 g
The Audio Technica AT-OC9 III moving coil phono cartridge replaces the critically acclaimed AT-OC9 II model, a precision design that gives a highly detailed yet forgivingly smooth sound suitable for a wide range of music.
This latest model builds on the enduring reputation of its predecessor and features a special line contact stylus embedded into a low profile solid boron cantilever, ensuring the music signals read by the tip of the stylus are transmitted reliably to the coils.
The OC9's "VC mould" design ensures stability and rigidity whilst the dual moving coil offers excellent stereo separation and improved frequency response for long lasting performance.
The use of PCOCC wire (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting), a special copper with virtually no transverse crystal barriers to impede signal transmission, perfects the performance of the advanced dual coil design.
"Strong imaging, excellent treble detail, improved bass response." (Hi-Fi World Magazine, May 2012)
"New version of respected cartridge with a very defined sound." (Hi-Fi World Magazine, May 2012)