|Warranty length||2 Years|
- Frequency Response (Low-pass mode) 20Hz - 180Hz
- Frequency Response (Full range) 10Hz - 28kHz
- Power (Stereo) 240 watts
- Power (Mono) 600 watts- Input Sensitivity: 130mV
- Phase dual mono, continuously variable
- Low pass: 40 - 180Hz, continuously variable
- Gain: dual mono, continuously variable
- Power on/off: always on, signal sensing on, remote trigger
- Dimensions (inches) 17W (19 with removable rack ears) x 4H x 14D- Weight: 25 lbs
- Connections RCA inputs, 5-way binding posts
- Finishes Black or silver
- Warranty 2 Years Parts and Labour
The Reference SA amplifier is an innovative high-power amplifier, specifically designed to work in parallel with Anthony Gallo's Reference 3, 3.1 or 5LS speakers, to offer even better bass. It does this by 'actively' powering a second voice coil on the Reference 3's bass driver. The effect of utilizing this second voice coil is like adding two perfectly integrated subwoofers into the room, taking linear bass response down to a stomach-churning 22 Hz.
This 'stereo subwoofer' effect adds a new dimension to the already exceptional performance of the Reference 3 or 3.1 speakers. In stereo systems, bass is pure, musical and as deep as you could possibly want, without interfering with midrange and high frequencies. In multi-channel systems, on the other hand, it simply removes the need for a dedicated subwoofer.
While it's true that the SA amplifier has been very much designed with the Reference 3 or 3.1 customer in mind, it's also far from a one trick pony. The inherent sound quality of the advanced circuitry found within the amplifier means that it's equally at home when used as stand-alone component for powering full-range loudspeakers. Furthermore, the Reference 3 SA includes the ability to bridge the channels in the amplifier, boosting mono output to 600 W.
This high power output, along with the added features of bass EQ control, dual mono attenuators, phase control and adjustable low pass filter control, makes the Reference 3 SA an ideal method of controlling and powering passive subwoofers.
Available in black or silver