|Frequency Response||33Hz – 40kHz|
|Warranty length||3 Years|
- Tweeter: 32mm Ring-radiator tweeter w DXT Waveguide
- Mid Driver: 110mm underhung magnet aluminium cone
- Bass Drivers: Twin 130mm 'pure piston' aluminium cones
- Coils: with twin-wound aluminium voice-coils
- Frequency response: 33Hz – 40kHz @ +/-3dB
- Power handling: Amps rated up to 300W into 8 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: 116dB
- Sensitivity: 90db for 2.83V at 1m
- Nominal impedance: 6 Ohms
- Total H Distortion: Less than 0.3% 200Hz to 20kHz
- Dimensions inc plinth (HWD): 990 x 260 x 360mm
- Weight: 32kg (single. unpacked)
Acoustic Energy Reference Three speakers are a floorstanding alternative to the Acoustic Energy Reference One and Acoustic Energy Reference Two bookshelf speaker models, incorporating all of AE's technological expertise in loudspeaker design.
High Performance Drivers
Twin long-throw motor assembly bass drivers are used for maximum linear accuracy and control. The motor system comprising twin-wound aluminium voice-coils is thermally bonded to the aluminium cone for absolute minimum distortion and long-throw pistonic accuracy.
The mid-range driver features a huge underhung motor assembly for maximum linear accuracy and control. The motor system comprising twin-wound aluminium voice-coils is thermally bonded to the aluminium cone for absolute minimum distortion and long-throw pistonic accuracy.
The tweeter is the now well-established Vifa Ring-radiator tweeter is used here in our own custom, upgraded specification. Coupled to AE's DXT Lens assembly for improved in-room response and dispersion matching to the bass driver, this is one of the finest tweeters in use today.
With the Reference Series, they've sought to improve upon every aspect of current speaker design to create a true, balanced, dynamic, wide-bandwidth and minimal colouration loudspeaker. Careful design and high quality matched drivers are wrapped into a compact, elegant floorstanding design and luxuriously finished with real piano ebony lacquer mark the new Reference Series as the pinnacle of current loudspeaker design